Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)

Post New Thread Reply   

Geit
Old 05-26-2010 , 18:22   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflikted View Post
question, I dont really code for sourcemod or anything. Only for php. So this may be entirely wrong. But wouldn't it be more efficient for the gameservers to send the sprays to a centralized location using sockets extension rather than having the web server do it and entering in all the ftp info's/folders/etc. and then have the cron only convert the files from vtf to gif, rather than trying to mass connect to so many different ftp servers. I only say this because we run 16 servers across 4 different dedicated hosts, I'm not sure how well cron would do in completing the task quickly and reliably.
I seem to remember that sockets tends to be particularly resource intensive, so transferring files via it may result in lag, which is never a good thing. - If you are worried about running the cron across all those servers, you could simply use dropbox to sync all the tf/download folders into one central directory and then run the cron from the least used machine. - or do what Dark suggested.
aRcTiC
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-26-2010 , 19:33   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #12

this starts converting users spray once the system is in place right?
how about the previous sprays that is already in the downloads folder, how would i batch convert them and where to place?
Darkimmortal
Old 05-26-2010 , 19:43   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRcTiC View Post
this starts converting users spray once the system is in place right?
how about the previous sprays that is already in the downloads folder, how would i batch convert them and where to place?
You should clean your downloads folder before installing the plugin, as any existing files cannot be mapped to a steamid and are essentially useless.
Old 05-26-2010 , 20:58   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #14

How do I compile vtfconv?

My gameservers are in Linux (and my web-server is Linux), but my OS is Windows, I have been trying for like 2 hours to compile vtfconv, but can't.

Could someone post a compiled version of vtfconv? Or tell me how to compile it for Linux on a Windows OS,

Thanks .

Darkimmortal
Old 05-26-2010 , 20:59   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #15

You're supposed to compile it on your server

Just upload, chmod +x compile and ./compile.
Old 05-27-2010 , 10:51   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #16

i got it working
I am not exactly understanding though how it determines different servers for where the spray originated from. It seems to only detect by port, all my servers run off the same port, just different ip's. Is it possible for the spraytracker plugin to record the IP address of the server as well in the sql table. That would make it much easier for me to show in the web panel which server its coming from. and alot easier to split up the cronjobs by server

Last edited by Inflikted; 05-27-2010 at 10:58.
Geit
Old 05-27-2010 , 12:51   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflikted View Post
i got it working
I am not exactly understanding though how it determines different servers for where the spray originated from. It seems to only detect by port, all my servers run off the same port, just different ip's. Is it possible for the spraytracker plugin to record the IP address of the server as well in the sql table. That would make it much easier for me to show in the web panel which server its coming from. and alot easier to split up the cronjobs by server
Updated to 1.1 with IP tracking. - Upgrade instructions are in the OP
Inflikted
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-27-2010 , 13:03   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #18

thanks alot for the update
aRcTiC
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-27-2010 , 21:33   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method variant::Next()
cant seem to figure this out, any ideas?
DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-28-2010 , 03:46   Re: Spray 'n Display (incl. Web Panel)
Reply With Quote #20

I'm really not a linux guy. Tried to compile the plugin, found out I needed DevIL. Tried to do the yum install DevIL DevIL-devel thing, and nothing happened, no package (CentOS 5.5). Then I tried to find the DevIL program, and ended up with something I dont know how to compile. Then I got frustrated. Little help? Is there any way you can put up a pre-compiled version? It'd be really, really cool if you did.

Like I said, I'm no linux guy. I just have to use it for a cheap VPS
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff