8% 

Basic Admin Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

OoS-LJ
Old 10-18-2006 , 10:59   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formologic23 View Post

How does your menu look like the one in the picture. Just wondering.

Last edited by OoS-LJ; 10-18-2006 at 14:30.
Formologic23
Old 10-18-2006 , 15:29   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #602

That's what I am trying to figure out. I don't know why it looks that way. Shouldn't it look like the menu in the first post?
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2006 , 15:33   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #603

Quote:
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, or if it's a known issue, or if there is a simple way of fixing this issue, but this is what my admin menu looks like.

Also, I have an issue with using the menu commands, such as #menu and #chat and such. Everyone in the server can see that I am using those commands, and is there any option to have that turned off, so that only admins can see the used admin commands? Especially when I use #chat, the whole server sees everything. I can't talk to my admins privatly, or if someone knows they are going to be kicked or banned they know immediatly.

The plugin is on a DoD:S server, so I don't know if that would be causing the issue or not. I rent the server so I am not sure about any of the specific details of the server. I believe it's on a Windows application, but more than that, no clue. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
why would you use #chat ? When there is say @ or say_team @ ?
Other then thats its not a "issue" rather then working as its designed to do. I never considered that ppl would do chat commands via this system, It was allways intented to do chat things via say @ or say_team ( check readme for more info).
Your menu looks like that becuse the plugin failed to parse the translations.dat, make sure its in the right folder. And if it is, reupload it to make sure its good

Quote:
How about a #votemap command for a specific map. E.G. #votemap dod_flash. It's a little troublesome to have to go through the map menu to select a specific map, but I love the plugin. Just a thought or idea.
There is a system for that. If you disable menu based voting, you can use the ooooooooooooooooooold adminmod way of "say vote de_dust2" instead of menus.
Old 10-18-2006 , 18:50   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #604

Alright, thanks for the reply. I am pretty much a n00b (obviously) so those were a couple of my questions. I am probably so used to Beetle's mod, that's the reason for the questions. The plugin works great and I really like the simplicity of it. Anyways, thanks again.

Last edited by Formologic23; 10-18-2006 at 19:01.
OoS-LJ
Old 10-18-2006 , 22:28   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #605

You know what what be a nice addon to BAT is a high ping kick. On a large server it does cause problems. It would be nice to have a setting in BAT to kick a cvar that you set.

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2006 , 22:32   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #606

I've never noticed the player w/ 56k cause any problems on our 20 man 100 tick 500 fps server....never created lag issues for everyone else...ever....if they know how to set their rates properly, there will be no slingshotting.
OoS-LJ
Old 10-18-2006 , 23:02   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #607

True, but About 80% of people that play DODS don't even know what rates are. Plus we get alot of people from over seas that play and thier pings can be in the 300 to 400 range.

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2006 , 11:26   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #608

It's not hard to edumacate them! Even over-seas people if rates are set well it still won't have slingshotting
Sputnik53
Old 10-19-2006 , 12:07   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #609

The timeleft/nextmap mapextend thing is not doing good with Mani Admin Plugin. Is there a way to totally disable it.

Last edited by Sputnik53; 10-20-2006 at 07:52.
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2006 , 14:14   Re: Basic Admin Plugin
Reply With Quote #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik53 View Post
The timeleft/nextmap mapextend thing is not doing good with Mani Admin Plugin. Is there I way to totally disable it.
There is no way to disable any of the say commands (Other then changing the source code)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoS-LJ View Post
You know what what be a nice addon to BAT is a high ping kick. On a large server it does cause problems. It would be nice to have a setting in BAT to kick a cvar that you set.
Its likely il try to make a seperate plugin like the ForgiveTK plugin that handles high ping players. Il just have to find out how to get the players ping first