Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Damage Multiplier (WC3)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff        Approver:   BAILOPAN (72)
BlueRaja
Old 12-12-2004 , 03:45   Damage Multiplier (WC3)
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/*Name:  Weapon Multiplier Author:  BlueRaja About 10-20% of this code was stolen from Warcraft3 mod - credit, therefore, should go to its author(s).  Thanks guy(s)! Other than that...I'd like to give shout out to Damaged Soul..thanks for helping me out all these times, and for putting up with all my crazy shit :D ***VARIABLES***: sv_highnadedam - admins with ADMIN_HIGH get this much damage added to their HE grenade.  Remember, it's a percentage (0.5 = 50% MORE damage, 1.99 = 199% MORE damage , etc.) sv_lownadedam - admins with ADMIN_LOW get this much damage added to their HE grenade.  Again, it's a percentage. sv_highgundam - admins with ADMIN_HIGH get this much damage added to their gun shots.  Remember, it's a percentage. sv_lowgundam - I think you get the idea */
I think PimpDaddy wrote the original WC3 mod...but I'm not entirely sure; and it's damn near impossible to find the original, with all these mods of it that keep popping up..
Anyways, this plugin increases the damage for high/low admins (the specific level for high/low admins is defined at the top of the sma).
The problem with the main plugin is that if it kills the user, the death camera still looks as though the player has been slayed. From what I've heard, this is impossible to change; thus, I'm submitting it as-is. I wrote another version that, for technical reasons, doesn't work as well; however, the players never look as though they have been slayed...
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (damagemult.sma - 3333 views - 6.7 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (damagemult_weak.sma - 2585 views - 2.8 KB)
Send a message via AIM to BlueRaja Send a message via MSN to BlueRaja
Striker
Old 12-12-2004 , 06:30   Re: Damage Multiplier (WC3)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaja
I think PimpDaddy wrote the original WC3 mod...but I'm not entirely sure; and it's damn near impossible to find the original, with all these mods of it that keep popping up..
Impossible ?

http://spacedude.games-fed.com/
Old 12-12-2004 , 06:33  
Reply With Quote #3

btw..: nice
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2004 , 07:47  
Reply With Quote #4

PimpDaddy was like the 10th or so in the order of all WC3 devs. No one but SpaceDude invented it originally.

http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5620&hl=
BlueRaja
Old 12-12-2004 , 14:02  
Reply With Quote #5

Damn..well I'd like to edit, but it's already been approved.

So..in light of recent discoveries..I would like to thank SpaceDude for the original WC3-mod
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 06-13-2005 , 00:28  
Reply With Quote #6

For the 2nd attachment here.. Does it show who killed who when the extra damage is givin?
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
BlueRaja
Old 06-13-2005 , 03:33  
Reply With Quote #7

The second-one is less cool because the game handles the death sequence instead of the plugin; and in order to do that, I had to check if the extra damage would kill the victim, and if it would, simply not deal the damage.
The first attempts to recreate all aspects of killing a player (editing the scoreboard, showing the death message in the upper-right, etc.), but I was never able to figure out how to work the "death camera" - sadly, I've given up and moved on with my life.
MP5Navyboy
Old 06-13-2005 , 19:29  
Reply With Quote #8

Hell, Pimp Daddy is not even Pimmp Daddy anymore, he's Geesu... Unless he changed it again, lol. Or did the statute of limitations pass on those crimes??? Cant remeber, I'll have to PM him...Weeeeeeee..

Navy
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2005 , 00:04  
Reply With Quote #9

Ya think?
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
BlueRaja
Old 06-14-2005 , 00:18  
Reply With Quote #10

Hey pal - thanks for staying on topic
-Raja Jackass.