Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Magic Missiles (Updated 02/26/2019)

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2019 , 19:37   Re: Magic Missiles (Updated 02/26/2019)
Reply With Quote #11

The Nuke effects are done. Admins have a super nuke and everybody else has a baby nuke. For instance the damage depending on distance will show kill by 'radiation' or 'fall-out'. I talked to an engineer to make sure the coloring is right for the effects. Green radiation is bad whereas purple is instant death. The regular players radius damage is either 'rocket flame' or 'rocket exhaust'. Thanks Drak for making RPG jump and Gauss jump!! That's where it all started. Oh yes using the weapon gives players a free knife. Something that is missing from Opposing Force. Spoiled from Counter-Strike I think knife should be default instead of a scavenger hunt. One last thing I want to do is limit the Nuke for admins. It's 10x worse than that Counter-Strike C4 Cliff made because it can be shot off whenever but it will kill the admin too if abused at least. Later intent is to make it a coop to have to build the nuke add-on instead of it be a given. It just seems more appropriate. It no longer effects the FPS. I made the feat that was doing the fps kill from my earlier nativity into another mod as it has become a living breathing Philadelphia experiment. DarkGL made real amazing teleporter gun for CS on Gamebanana.
https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/4197

I got permission to cannibalize it. There's no FPS drop and this isn't "Lagless TFC rockets" but it might be worth the effort for me to look at it.
Thanks https://github.com/GlobalModders.

I really wanted to have a DOD server with Charlie up on the 75th Normandy anniversary with the RPG mod but got too busy.

The Philadelphia Experiment mod is really my best work ever or my favorite pet project. When using the trigger the player disappears and comes back with random parts of the map like a house or boat. Issue with that colossal feature is it will drop 200 FPS average to 11 FPS as it is rendering mammoth size BSP pieces out of thin air simply by using id instead of other ent to make a te_firefield.

TE_LIGHTNING code option I am sticking to instead of using sprite from pope lightening. That is lighter weight and more and easier control.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...8&postcount=14.

Spoiler

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 06-13-2019 at 11:30. Reason: Needed to link to Drak.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-12-2021 , 11:43   Re: Magic Missiles (Updated 02/26/2019)
Reply With Quote #12

I recommend coupling HL Neon grenade trails with the bee healer plugin (or magic_missiles) to make it an offensive heater instead of defensive. This augmentation makes 'magic missiles' happen exactly how it was conceived.
CVAR sv_neon_all -6 to isolate the bolts or sv_neon_all 10 for the whole 9 yards plus 1, a CVAR any admin can pick. neon_pick func_button is stock.

sv_neon_all -4 isolates the hornets.

Quote:
You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several.
At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot above 1st.

The 2020 baby nuke rocket link should have the teleport feat in there as a deathwish so I am not going to bother porting the gun that nice man made unless somebody asks. The deathwish is to teleport to random spawn point without dying. When you get there the custom mushroom smoke ring is still blowing over. It gives a glimpse of Philadelphia experiment. Everything appears stuck to walls and weird stuff during transition but it is an orchestration of temporary entities. Houses spawn whatever the view of the player can camera as they pass.

Added the function in an allusively obvious fashion on a few posts to help assure it's survival.
Spray cool down with TFC hallucinations.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 03-13-2021 at 00:07. Reason: snapshots