Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

problem with sb 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

maxolahird
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2013 , 19:40   problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #1

For some reason when I ban players from the web panel the player don't get banned in the gameserver and also when I add an admin to the webpanel that player don't get admin in the gameserver either... what can cause that?

my sourcebans

http://bans.impactcss.com/index.php/

Last edited by maxolahird; 10-19-2013 at 19:40.
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-21-2013 , 12:37   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #2

Have you you enabled KickIt?
under settings/features/enable KickIt

maxolahird
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 12:55   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
Have you you enabled KickIt?
under settings/features/enable KickIt
yea its enabled... the prob is not just the ban, admins on sourcebans are not added to the game server... it still takes it from admins_simple.ini from sourcemod default
snoopass
Old 10-21-2013 , 15:56   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #4

If you read the forum correctly youn can find this :

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=209

Last edited by snoopass; 10-21-2013 at 15:56.
maxolahird
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 16:31   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopass View Post
If you read the forum correctly youn can find this :

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=209
that's not the problem. Even if I add the ban manually within the panel it doesn't work. Again, the issue is not only with bans but everything related to sourcebans... it seems to not be comunicating with the game server
Walliski
Old 10-24-2013 , 17:46   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #6

Have you set the correct server ID in the /addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg file?
Have you added the admins in Sourcebans?
Have you given the admins access to the server in Sourcebans?
Is the databases.cfg file in the sourcemod config folder properly done, with the correct MySQL settings?
=> After changing the correct settings, remember to _restart the server_ for changes to take effect.
Does the sourcemod logs show any errors from Sourcebans plugin? Is the plugin running?

A few things to check to begin with

EDIT:
And about now I saw that this was Sourcebans 2, not the normal version... However some of these things might still apply. (Also your website looks broken to me. Derp.)

Last edited by Walliski; 10-24-2013 at 17:47. Reason: Derp
maxolahird
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2013 , 18:43   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walliski View Post
Have you set the correct server ID in the /addons/sourcemod/configs/sourcebans/sourcebans.cfg file?
Have you added the admins in Sourcebans?
Have you given the admins access to the server in Sourcebans?
Is the databases.cfg file in the sourcemod config folder properly done, with the correct MySQL settings?
=> After changing the correct settings, remember to _restart the server_ for changes to take effect.
Does the sourcemod logs show any errors from Sourcebans plugin? Is the plugin running?

A few things to check to begin with

EDIT:
And about now I saw that this was Sourcebans 2, not the normal version... However some of these things might still apply. (Also your website looks broken to me. Derp.)
It gives me this

L 10/28/2013 - 20:40:55: [meus_plugins\sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [1129]: Host '189.1.171.XX' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'. See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20

but the problem is the ip showed on the log is my gameserver's ip not my webhost ip which is set on databases.cfg... is it normal that it shows my gameserver ip instead?
Walliski
Old 10-28-2013 , 19:06   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #8

Yes. That error is an error that the MySQl server gives you. What it means is that you got something wrong:

1. Wrong username.
2. Wrong password.
3. Not permission to connect from that IP.

On the MySQL server that is...

The error occurs when your gameserver is trying to connect, again and again, but cant get in. Then it just get blocked by MySQL, since it thinks someone is trying to hack your database. Check the password,username and the MySQL users "host" field... Also check the FAQ, and google the error, you will find plenty of good information how to fix it.
maxolahird
Veteran Member
Old 10-29-2013 , 11:51   Re: problem with sb 2.0
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walliski View Post
Yes. That error is an error that the MySQl server gives you. What it means is that you got something wrong:

1. Wrong username.
2. Wrong password.
3. Not permission to connect from that IP.

On the MySQL server that is...

The error occurs when your gameserver is trying to connect, again and again, but cant get in. Then it just get blocked by MySQL, since it thinks someone is trying to hack your database. Check the password,username and the MySQL users "host" field... Also check the FAQ, and google the error, you will find plenty of good information how to fix it.
I still get the error and I verified it's all correct at least I think it is...

May this 2 errors be causing that?

Quote:
L 10/29/2013 - 07:12:00: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 10/29/2013 - 07:12:00: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "meus_plugins\sourcebans.smx":
L 10/29/2013 - 07:12:00: [SM] [0] Line 1413, D:\scripting\sourcebans.sp:rocessQueueCallb ack()

L 10/29/2013 - 11:21:48: [SM] Native "SQL_TQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 10/29/2013 - 11:21:48: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "meus_plugins\sourcebans.smx":
L 10/29/2013 - 11:21:48: [SM] [0] Line 653, D:\scripting\sourcebans.sp::CommandAddBan()