Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System v0.5.5.0 Beta

Post New Thread Reply   

SeeingBllue
Old 09-29-2009 , 22:30   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #21

I'm getting this error and the plugin isn't working.

Code:
L 09/29/2009 - 20:55:39: [SM] Native "CloseHandle" reported: Handle 0 is invalid (error 4)
L 09/29/2009 - 20:55:39: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "jukebox.smx":
L 09/29/2009 - 20:55:39: [SM]   [0]  Line 564, W:\server script\sourcemod123\scripting\jukebox.sp::PrepareConnection()
L 09/29/2009 - 20:55:39: [SM]   [1]  Line 294, W:\server script\sourcemod123\scripting\jukebox.sp::OnPluginStart()
Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2009 , 03:12   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #22

Just to say, when I was testing my own small sound-playing plugins (before this was released), one thing I did to stop the lag spike was to write my own audio player in flash (it only gets the song, but getting the volume + time should be no difficulty at all)

http://labs.topaz-games.com/kj/plist/play.php?f=veteran

(02/10/09 - Updated with volume support, use &v=# in the URL)

The result was no lag spike at all, just a minor split second freeze from preparing the song.

If you like I could adjust this for your plugin.

Last edited by Jindo; 10-02-2009 at 02:59.
SirLamer
Old 09-30-2009 , 11:54   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #23

You're right, I like your player a lot better. One disadvantage is that your player requires flash to be installed, where mine is strict HTML (plus the browser's MP3 player). Let us take a moment and dream of a world laden with HTML 5.

Still, I like your player better. I would like to use a program like yours, but I am mostly concerned for future support. I do not know any Flash nor do I own any development software for it. It might be a mistake to depend on you modifying your program for any future needs or in case a bug is discovered, since I'm kinda screwed if you're unavailable to support it. ;)

But, for your consideration, here are the present and future needs for Jukebox's MP3 player program:
  • Must play an M3U playlist that is prepared and linked to by the PHP script.
  • Must be able to control the playback volume of the music using a value specified by the PHP script.
  • Will eventually need to be able to begin playback in the middle of the first song, at a point specified by the number of seconds into the song as specified by the PHP script. This is already possible using an HTML tag for the current player, I just haven't done this yet.
  • It would be valuable to be able to tell the player to load and buffer the first track but to optionally wait a specified number of seconds before beginning playback. This would be for any future Karaoke functionality, and will be valuable for ensuring very good synchronization between clients with different initial buffering needs.
  • I'm also hoping I can figure out a way to automatically perform ReplayGain analysis on tracks so that they all play at the same average volume. I have not done enough research to figure out how to implement this and to gain playback support, so this one's on the back burner.

Another simple solution I have in mind to fix the lag spike is to pre-buffer the music player when the client first connects by loading a blank playlist, at which point the client is not engaged in any combat and the lag spike is much less disruptive.

Plugins: Jukebox for Source

Last edited by SirLamer; 09-30-2009 at 12:00.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 09-30-2009 , 15:46   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #24

I have had bad experience with flash in the ingame browser.

Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2009 , 17:16   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLamer View Post
You're right, I like your player a lot better. One disadvantage is that your player requires flash to be installed, where mine is strict HTML (plus the browser's MP3 player). Let us take a moment and dream of a world laden with HTML 5.

Still, I like your player better. I would like to use a program like yours, but I am mostly concerned for future support. I do not know any Flash nor do I own any development software for it. It might be a mistake to depend on you modifying your program for any future needs or in case a bug is discovered, since I'm kinda screwed if you're unavailable to support it. ;)
These are fair points.

If you're interested in using it as an optional alternative, I can do my best to support it .

I'll probably update it (much) later with time and volume functionality (for preview) and perhaps have it display the ID3 tags as opposed to the filename variable ;P.

The only problem I might have with my audio player would be playlist support, I can experiment and attempt to recreate that at a later date.

Glad you like it, keep up the good work!
Old 10-01-2009 , 18:44   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #26

Attached is an update to 0.4.1.0. I have made changes that attempt to correct or alleviate reported issues.

The invalid memory access error reported by BDeep is a strange one. His error is exactly right, and there is an obvious error in the code. I have to wonder then why it doesn't report that error on my server! In fact, that part of the code was running fine despite the for loop error. Don't ask me why! However, that error has nothing to do with the music not playing. I wonder if either you made an error when setting up Jukebox or your file permissions are preventing clients from downloading the MP3s. I'd be happy to have a look for you if you could somehow grant me FTP access to your jukebox installation as well as give me the URL address to it. If so, please PM me login credentials. You should make a temporary FTP account just for me if you can, and then delete it after.

SeeingBlue, I have updated Jukebox to better catch the error scenario you are experiencing. However, why that happened exactly is still confusing to me. It's tripping over the very first SQL query, which is simply "SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP() AS time" - it doesn't get simpler. Remember that you must have either edited the "default" MySQL connection credentials in sourcemod/configs/database.cfg or add your own set and update cfg/sourcemod/jukebox.cfg with the name of this connection entry. After that, if you know a little about MySQL (and hopefully you have PHPMyAdmin) try running that query and see if there's a reason it's not working. I can also help you further troubleshoot with some access to your server.

millenium.dare, your problem is completely confusing to me. It seems that either something is being assigned to the $form variable outside of my own script or some PHP configuration property is preventing the use of global variables. So, once again, the best thing I can think of is to personally troubleshoot your website setup, but I'll need FTP access as well as the address to the Jukebox website.

Also, on my own I found some issues with the Browse Tracks pages, which have been fixed.

So, not a huge update, but your comments did help with this one, as always. Please keep feedback coming, as I really want to get this working for you all!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.4.0.0 to 0.4.1.0.zip (172.8 KB, 348 views)

BDeep
Old 10-01-2009 , 19:44   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #27

I did the update just to see what would happen..... No errors in the SM logs, However it still will not play from the website or ingame. I set the CHMOD on all the folders to 777 just to test and it still will not work. I will PM you all my cfgs and the web address
Old 10-01-2009 , 23:42   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindo View Post
Just to say, when I was testing my own small sound-playing plugins (before this was released), one thing I did to stop the lag spike was to write my own audio player in flash (it only gets the song, but getting the volume + time should be no difficulty at all)

Preview (song is 'The Veteran Man' by Mastgrr)

The result was no lag spike at all, just a minor split second freeze from preparing the song.

If you like I could adjust this for your plugin.
tested in css, no lag
i use that in my own jukebox now

music file must on web server?
Attached Files
File Type: rar playmusic.rar (2.7 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by raydan; 10-02-2009 at 02:44.
SirLamer
Old 10-02-2009 , 00:25   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #29

Thanks to BDeep letting me have a look at his site, I have found a major bug in the main playback script that was preventing almost everyone from getting any success at all. This was an issue with the website and not the game server plugin.

Attached is an update to 0.4.1.1. It includes a fixed query.php.

A new settings.php is included in the update but is in the root folder of the zip file. The only change is to remove two parameters which are no longer needed. If you keep your old settings.php, you won't notice a difference.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jukebox for Source - UPGRADE 0.4.1.0 to 0.4.1.1.zip (103.2 KB, 294 views)

Jindo
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2009 , 03:00   Re: Jukebox for Source - Streaming Music System
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydan View Post
music file must on web server?
The player I wrote is scripted specifically to check one directory (from my web server), I'm currently adjusting it for volume and time support, and can also adjust it to look for specific files .

---

And as for Flash Support: Almost everyone has Flash these days, the important thing is that they have the minimum required version, which for my player is 6 (the latest player I believe is v10), compatibility shouldn't be a problem for most people.