Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
Allows players to replace their in-game voice lines with those of custom voice packs.
Old 07-08-2021 , 17:08   [TF2] Voice Packs
Reply With Quote #1

Note: this plugin does not auto-download your Voice Packs. As such, I highly recommend you use Starbish's S-Downloader alongside this mod.

What does it do?

This plugin allows you to set custom Voice Packs on each of the 9 classes, which will then replace their typical class dialogue. Here's a demonstration video, if you're curious.

How do I use it?

The plugin can be triggered via 3 commands:

!voicepack
!voicepacks
!customvoice

These commands are restricted to ADMFLAG_GENERIC by default. You can use overrides to change this if you wish.

Where do I find Voice Packs?

GameBanana's TF2 section is a great source for voice packs. My personal favorite is Vinesauce Joel for Soldier, which was actually the inspiration for this mod! However, if you're going to take a Voice Pack from an outside source instead of making one from scratch, please credit the pack's original creator.

What if I'd rather make my own Voice Pack?

You'll want to make your sounds by following the same general process as this guide, just without installing them to your local tf/custom folder. Just create your sounds and rename them to the sounds they'll replace; IE, if I want my sound to replace heavy_cheers01, I'll rename my custom sound to heavy_cheers01.

How do I install new Voice Packs?

The plugin comes packaged with a config titled voicepacks_content. Adding a voice pack to the server is as simple as putting the sound files on the server, then modifying the config accordingly.

Step 0: If your Voice Pack comes in the form of a VPK, you'll want to make sure you have Nem's GCFScape installed, that way you can extract the sound files themselves and add them to your server.

Step 1: When putting your sound files on the server, you'll want to setup a directory for your Voice Pack, relative to the sound/ folder. For example, if I'm adding a Voice Pack for the Soldier that replaces his dialogue with lines from Vinesauce Joel, my path might look something like this:

Code:
myserver/voice_packs/soldier/joel/
Step 2: Next, you'll take all of the sound files for your voice pack and put them in that directory. Note: ALL of your sound files must be in this directory. Sounds that are in sub-folders of this directory will not play.

Step 3: Finally, just edit voicepacks_content.cfg accordingly:
Code:
"voice_packs"
{
	"scout_packs"
	{
	      //Empty, and therefore no scout voice packs exist.
	}
	"soldier_packs"
	{
		"1"
		{
			"pack_name"			"Vinesauce Joel" 			//Title of this voice pack.
			"pack_path"			"myserver/voice_packs/soldier/joel/" 	//Path to the sounds used by this pack, relative to the sound/ folder (NOTE: The final / at the end is necessary.)
			"pack_example"			"soldier_taunts03.mp3" 			//Example voice line, relative to the above path (Optional)
			"pack_creator"			"The 14th Doctor (GameBanana)" 		//Pack creator, if taken from GameBanana or some other site(Optional)
			"pack_contributor"		"Spookmaster"				//Player who suggested/found this pack for the server (Optional)
		}
	}
        //Etc, etc, repeat for each class.
}
If all goes well, your newly installed Voice Pack should now be on the server!

Please report any and all bugs you find, and by all means, feel free to make and/or suggest improvements to the plugin if you feel like it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip voicepacks.zip (25.2 KB, 444 views)
Professional retard. I might borrow some code, but I always try to give credit when I do! If you've noticed I've borrowed some of your code, and you have a problem with that, please add me on Steam and let me know so I can correct the problem as soon as possible!

Last edited by LordHotPocketHomicide; 07-08-2021 at 17:20.
liketask
Old 07-13-2021 , 20:00   Re: [TF2] Voice Packs
Reply With Quote #2

This plugin is awesome and works without problems!
It would be great if was possible to use more than one voicepack at a time.

Last edited by liketask; 07-13-2021 at 20:02.
Hoto Cocoa
Old 07-18-2021 , 22:58   Re: [TF2] Voice Packs
Reply With Quote #3

Good to see another great TF2 plugin in 2021.
Old 05-19-2022 , 15:20   Re: [TF2] Voice Packs
Reply With Quote #4

I just added this plugin to my servers, and it seems to work close to flawlessly. Great job!

Only one concern tho..
I've tried installing the DustyOldRoses Femscout Soundpack and a good share (maybe 50%) of the files are cut off short when playing.. I looked into the clips and they're generally all cut very tightly (maybe ~50ms worth of outro) compared to other similar soundpacks like i.e. the femspy's voicepack (maybe ~250ms worth of outro)..

Do you think this could be some kind of sync problem? The files play fine when opened in i.e. windows media player.