[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-09-2016 , 17:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
You should use, a helper i use timocop's basicpawn its still in alpha but it can help you learn and code faster
http://www.downloadtzz.de.vu/
Veryuseful, please report errors as its still in alpha.

or you could use spedit

And yes most of this code needs rewriting
another idea you could try, instead of blocking trasmission of the entity just fade the model for people withing 1unit of the model (cull it for the user or people in 1unit ) that should work, i think its these propoffsets

m_fadeMinDist
m_fadeMaxDist
m_flFadeScale

It will return a float or you can send a float
yah so in some minor testing with a combination of settransmit and fading, the right fade values with some testing may work, i got it to show other clients with setransmit, and it disappears within a close proximity, only problem I noticed was that if you moved it would reappear, this may be do to the values for fading were too low, but your onto something, thanks again...

m_flFadeScale i read somewhere that this is what would effect close proximity, but only trial an error can help I guess, I can't find any documentation on it...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 05-09-2016 at 17:07.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2016 , 22:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Munch, I tried connecting to number 6 and it kept saying dw_final error, I assumed you were using dead wood so I got it and tested and my srcds crashed very soon after I started srcds crashed...have you tested multiple equipment on regular maps?
Nah munch's server crash for alot of people i have spoke to they crash in the loading screen like me when ever i try to join, unless his server trys to kick you for having thridperson shoulder enabled but i dont know.

Commission me for L4D
Sectus
Old 05-24-2016 , 09:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #233

On my server the problem is a kind of different. We can play, no crashes at all, but sometimes the players go stucked where they stand, and even if they leave and come back, the problem remains. Sorry for my bad english.=/
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2016 , 10:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sectus View Post
On my server the problem is a kind of different. We can play, no crashes at all, but sometimes the players go stucked where they stand, and even if they leave and come back, the problem remains. Sorry for my bad english.=/
Hmm. i had this error from a invalid key value in the weapon scripts, if you have any modded script's recheck them or just remove them see if the problem goes away

Commission me for L4D
Sectus
Old 05-25-2016 , 06:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #235

Maybe there is some conflict with this one - l4d2_guncontrol.smx?
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 05-25-2016 , 09:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #236

hmm not sure what would be causing your problem, definately a conflict, are u using guncontrol from my post? neither version should conflict though my version of guncontrol works better for multiple equipment...what i would recommend is build your server from scratch and test one plugin at a time, until the problem occurs....however ludastar could be onto something....
Sectus
Old 05-26-2016 , 02:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #237

Will do
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2016 , 17:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #238

I only have one issue left with this plugin maintaining to reemergence of weapons.

When you fail a map, it won't remember the second set of weapons in your entire inventory. You'll only have the first set of weapons remembered. Fix that and it's good for me.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 06-07-2016 , 17:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I only have one issue left with this plugin maintaining to reemergence of weapons.

When you fail a map, it won't remember the second set of weapons in your entire inventory. You'll only have the first set of weapons remembered. Fix that and it's good for me.
Do u know how to edit and compile an .sp file? If you do its as simple as commenting out...

public Action:player_death(Handle:hEvent, const String:strName[], boolontBroadcast)
{
new client = GetClientOfUserId(GetEventInt(hEvent, "userid"));
if(client>0 && IsClientInGame(client) && GetClientTeam(client) == 2)
{
RemoveItemAttach(client, -1);
DropSecondaryItem(client); // Comment out this line
}
ResetClientState(client); // and also possibly this line
}

//DropSecondaryItem(client); like so...

This should fix that issue temporarily, however it may also cause any player that has died on a map, then rescued, to still have there secondaries, I will look into this further when I have time, and come up with a solution. Haven't had much time lately, and what time I do have is completely rewriting Multiple Equipment, so my source is a hacked mess and I won't be pushing an update for this soon...if you need help figuring it out, PM me...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 06-07-2016 at 17:56.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 06-08-2016 , 10:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #240

Alright nvm on fixing it yourself, theres more to be done than just that. I'm working on a fix and at some point will post an updated version...