loren28
Old 02-13-2016 , 13:14   Re: Yet another High Ping Kicker
Reply With Quote #52

Please someone update this plugin.Please
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2018 , 14:18   Re: Yet another High Ping Kicker
Reply With Quote #53

Yet another High Ping Kicker works for me. As in loads, compiles, and runs. That is the short term impression. There might be CPU spike or general lag issue still present that slowly makes way or just happens when there are certain loads of traffic, and or mixture of metamods on the server. Somebody with code skills will need to review the code itself. I am giving it 1 last test as a server admin. With some code curiosity I did uncover 1 tiny thing that is confirmed part of the change log but wasn't really complete. TYPOS.

That looks like a typo on the name. This is the only thing I found that JDLR when I test but is not a functionality issue. It causes annoying typo in the log.

Now I look further. Everywhere I look I see typos but the plugin is not broken in the sense where admins are unable to use and test this dynamic plug. Although it has if not a bot and etc in the code; monitoring continues to see if it does spike CPU as I have wondered. Last comment was years ago. Vaguely saying it is broken does not mean anything without others chiming in.

There are comments in source about going easy on the CPU already.
Code:
new g_CheckPlayer[MAXPLAYERS+1]		// To save the poor cpu having to keep track of the connected players
That leaves me with the impression CPU-spike has been a problem in the past with this sort of code with similar plugins steaming from the amxmodx's engine timer itself. What concerns me is typo heaven here. I can read English but not Pawn as well.

Changing was misspelled 3x in 1 line of a change log comment depicting fixing typos.
Quote:
- Fixed: Typo in log_amx()
- Added: #define To disable cl_updaterate on the client.
- Added: Automaticly changeing client settings without chaning the cvar ( Just changeing the setinfo field instead )
Then again, where it counts more, 1x in the code itself from at a glance just watching my server run.

Quote:
register_cvar("yhpk_version",PluginVersion,FC VAR_SERVER)
I knew code was off there minimally and potentially a lag maker here when plugin's task is to control it not cause it!

Edit: My bad that stands for Yet. Since hpk.sma is the name here and I am assuming Y stands for 'yet'. It just looked, off. Consider matching yhpk_version with yhpk.sma or other way around.

This plugin is suspect to lag out when certain other metamod plugins are used or it has already kicked everybody, lag, disabled plug then issue goes away. One does not need to know how to program to see that. Plugin goes away and so does lag in the past. 1 last try. Running vanilla.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 12-03-2018 at 15:00. Reason: hope that's all
EKS
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2018 , 15:53   Re: Yet another High Ping Kicker
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Yet another High Ping Kicker works for me. As in loads, compiles, and runs. That is the short term impression. There might be CPU spike or general lag issue still present that slowly makes way or just happens when there are certain loads of traffic, and or mixture of metamods on the server. Somebody with code skills will need to review the code itself. I am giving it 1 last test as a server admin. With some code curiosity I did uncover 1 tiny thing that is confirmed part of the change log but wasn't really complete. TYPOS.

That looks like a typo on the name. This is the only thing I found that JDLR when I test but is not a functionality issue. It causes annoying typo in the log.

Now I look further. Everywhere I look I see typos but the plugin is not broken in the sense where admins are unable to use and test this dynamic plug. Although it has if not a bot and etc in the code; monitoring continues to see if it does spike CPU as I have wondered. Last comment was years ago. Vaguely saying it is broken does not mean anything without others chiming in.

There are comments in source about going easy on the CPU already.
Code:
new g_CheckPlayer[MAXPLAYERS+1]		// To save the poor cpu having to keep track of the connected players
That leaves me with the impression CPU-spike has been a problem in the past with this code. What concerns me is typo heaven here. I can read English but not Pawn as well.

Changing was misspelled 3x in 1 line of a change log comment depicting fixing typos.

Then again, where it counts more, 1x in the code itself from at a glance just watching my server run.

I knew code was off there minimally and potentially a lag maker here when plugin's task is to control it not cause it!

This plugin is suspect to lag out when certain other metamod plugins are used or it has already kicked everybody, lag, disabled plug then issue goes away. One does not need to know how to program to see that. Plugin goes away and so does lag in the past. 1 last try. Running vanilla.
Is this a troll post?
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2018 , 02:14   Re: Yet another High Ping Kicker
Reply With Quote #55

ຖ໐ tr໐ll!

Nice canned response to a potential decade long problem few notice.

#51 and #52. That got my attention. I was asking what needs fixed and commented on my initial observations using plugin with this near decade hiatus to 51, dated 2-30-11 with subsequent reiteration on 52. Voluntarily I have been tasked to clean up the forums that have unattended cries for fixing broken plugins. This sort of behavior persuades me to let it all go by the way side as it is already. If authors are not going to speak kindly and make real effort it all can go to hell.

The latency of your response may have thwarted other honest testers like myself from using your work and sticking up for you or addressing any problem. It deterred me for half a decade already. Why take the time testing when author has abandoned responses for decade and then shoots messenger when they do?

I do apologize I had your plugin confused with the other 2, including some of the compliments. Your plugin does not do flux of ping kick like LCP. It does converse, which is time of day tolerance differential if host doesn't set it to 0.

This is the first week I have used your plugin. Kudos on the uniqueness and brilliance of using time of day ping additive.

The user's rate menu is perfect and I see future in it.

So if user is AFK from map download joining server while your menu is up and nothing is selected your plugin assumes 1, which is compliance; instead of 2, which is, leave, then changes their client setting without them knowing it just by knowingly disregarding the menu. So does 1 and 2 actually do anything or just state options? I did not see anything to select menu based or forced on silent.

It reminds me of LPB and a HPW server rate settings in my aliases from 2001. Your menu inspired me to use custom voting and your plugin as well as LCP to change the ping tolerance at the same time as my old rate tweaks to reshape network.

That way it is automated by the players and no admins need to be present. Some plugins simply do not play nicely with others and there are overflows. There is a chance your plugin has nothing to do with it. I doubt it does. This is the first time I looked at the logs, the code, and the forum on this plugin.

yhpk is for yet. Here I was looking at all these cvars from other plugin hpk and this is the first time I have used Y(et) hpk. How interesting 4x the bandwidth, hardware etc and lag city on 1 plugin 1 player when 20+ used to be a blast on 1/4 the resources. Over the past year or 2 I have tested similar plugins from compile here. Some of the other kickers may be too resource intensive of their handling and wait too long to kick and therefore permit the amplification of broadcast radiation. Lag. I quit using the ping kickers. They go away and the lag goes away. Interesting concept! That could be the ping kicker working on scare tactic at that point. I have tested this plugin over the weekend. More time is needed. SZ_GetSpace: overflow on Client Datagram never looks good.

ຖ໐ tr໐ll!

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 12-03-2018 at 13:43.