Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux

Post New Thread Reply   

Major Erection
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2017 , 17:16   [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #1

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there a script available anywhere for linux to help me auto update my servers? I'm not talking about the -autoupdate -steam_dir "xxxx" -steamcmd_script "xxxx" one.

Something that would actually update the server and help restart it when the update is complete. If something like that already exists on this site please do link it here. I'm sorry if it's been posted somewhere here before as I can be very blind sometimes. Peace and thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2017 , 17:19   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #2

Yup theres a guide - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2447317. Srcds is fully compatible with autoupdates so everything should go smoothly. If you have any questions regarding the autoupdate script feel free to ask, I've been using it for more than a year and never had problems with it.

Last edited by Husker; 01-11-2017 at 17:20.
Major Erection
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2017 , 09:49   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
Yup theres a guide - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2447317. Srcds is fully compatible with autoupdates so everything should go smoothly. If you have any questions regarding the autoupdate script feel free to ask, I've been using it for more than a year and never had problems with it.
This one doesn't restart the server with the new update right? You still gotta manually restart the server in order for it to be updated to the new version. That's why I was looking looking for another one that actually help restart the servers altogether. Correct me if I'm wrong. Again, thanks in advance!
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2017 , 11:11   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Erection View Post
This one doesn't restart the server with the new update right? You still gotta manually restart the server in order for it to be updated to the new version. That's why I was looking looking for another one that actually help restart the servers altogether. Correct me if I'm wrong. Again, thanks in advance!
Have you ever read about -autoupdate?
well , -autoupdate works like this , if you have ever seen the server says "Server Is Outdated, Please Restart your server", when server prints this, autoupdate will wait until map changed then it stops server, runs SteamCmd then start the server again.
that's all i know , and i have server's using this for a long time without going to restart them!
it means if you setup that, everthing is all done!
Old 01-12-2017 , 13:57   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #5

I've been using this script for quite some time and yeah as ambn said it stops the server, updates it then starts it up again by itself. And as far as i know it updates as soon as the server gets the "server is outdated", which is sent to the server when a player connects or map changes.
Major Erection
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2017 , 14:26   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambn View Post
Have you ever read about -autoupdate?
well , -autoupdate works like this , if you have ever seen the server says "Server Is Outdated, Please Restart your server", when server prints this, autoupdate will wait until map changed then it stops server, runs SteamCmd then start the server again.
that's all i know , and i have server's using this for a long time without going to restart them!
it means if you setup that, everthing is all done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
I've been using this script for quite some time and yeah as ambn said it stops the server, updates it then starts it up again by itself. And as far as i know it updates as soon as the server gets the "server is outdated", which is sent to the server when a player connects or map changes.
I feel like an idiot now! Thanks for the reply guys. Also, how will this affect my servers that don't particularly change maps? I have a few servers that are running 24x7 on dust 2 without a timer because mp_ignore_round_win_conditions. Will it still update and restart after all the players have left?
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2017 , 14:42   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Erection View Post
I feel like an idiot now! Thanks for the reply guys. Also, how will this affect my servers that don't particularly change maps? I have a few servers that are running 24x7 on dust 2 without a timer because mp_ignore_round_win_conditions. Will it still update and restart after all the players have left?
as what Husker is saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker
which is sent to the server when a player connects or map changes.
Then yeah, player connect will cover map change i think.
Old 01-12-2017 , 14:49   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambn View Post
as what Husker is saying:

Then yeah, player connect will cover map change i think.
Cools. I hope it works out when the next update rolls out! If there are any issues I'll be asking on this thread then Thanks for helping me man.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-13-2017 , 05:27   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #9

Could use LGSM.
Husker
Old 01-13-2017 , 08:01   Re: [CS:GO] Auto Update Scripts for Linux
Reply With Quote #10

CS:GO update is out, how did it go major erection?