Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)

Post New Thread Reply   

Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 16:05   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #731

Any update on the failed to load sound thing? I would love to get this working
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 16:06   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #732

I have a problem with CSGO mapchooser extended. Im using a workshop only server from a CSGO workshop collection, ive also deleted all the valve and operation maps from maps folder.

However on the endvote the same map appears again to what I'm playing (cs_agency):

Do you know why is this caused? Does it think because the map longname (workshop/.....) is different to the shortname (cs_agency)
Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 16:14   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
I have a problem with CSGO mapchooser extended. Im using a workshop only server from a CSGO workshop collection, ive also deleted all the valve and operation maps from maps folder.

However on the endvote the same map appears again to what I'm playing (cs_agency):

Do you know why is this caused? Does it think because the map longname (workshop/.....) is different to the shortname (cs_agency)
Well i just downloaded all of the maps on my PC from workshop, transfered to the server (csgo/maps/) from the workshop folder and updated mapcycle + maplist files.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 16:42   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by poel View Post
Is it possible to change map automaticly when timeleft is to '0'.
I mean, I do on a "DEATHMATCH' server if I use no limit round???
If this is a TF2 deathmatch server, why aren't you just using the mp_match_end_at_timelimit cvar? HL2:DM may also support this.

Hmm... is this a CS:S/CS:GO deathmatch server? It can probably be done, although it may have to be an external plugin to do it. And it will definitely require a new command (and/or native) to be added to force a map change to the voted map (or return an error if the map vote hadn't happened yet).

Edit: See my next post for CS:S/CS:GO DM instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automicbomb View Post
Any update on the failed to load sound thing? I would love to get this working :)
I haven't looked into it. Whoops.

It's weird that it won't play it even though it downloaded it, though. You did verify that the user downloaded the files by looking for the files on your CS:GO client? Basically, it relies on the same value for AddFileToDownloadsTable and the actual sound name... it just slaps a sound/ in front of the file for the downloads version and a * in front of the file for the EmitSound version.

Oh, and if the * is missing, the file won't play on CS:GO. It's one of the reasons we're using the EmitSoundAny library (which I originally wrote for this plugin).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post

Hmm... I'm not sure, but we could find out. The attached plugin will log the map name to the SourceMod log on map change, which is what SM uses as its idea of the current map. If it does show the entire WorkShop map path, I'll have to update MCE to check both the full path and after stripping out any directories.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (logmapname.sp - 301 views - 2.2 KB)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-30-2014 at 17:36.
Automicbomb
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 16:56   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #735

Yeah the sounds will download. I had to reinstall pc today for an event and i downloaded cs:go. Whole FastDL works like a charm but the sounds wont just play on client since its giving the same error. Only like the voting start (when you can choose maps) and end sound (winner map) i can hear. Not anything alse from the soundset. Do i have to edit any cfg's to get this work or? I even downgraded for SM 1.5.x (the last 1.5 sm idk version) but no luck Help me
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 17:35   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #736

Quote:
Originally Posted by poel View Post
Is it possible to change map automaticly when timeleft is to '0'.
I mean, I do on a "DEATHMATCH' server if I use no limit round???
Ignore the thing I said in my previous post and just use the Time limit enforcer plugin instead.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 18:18   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #737

Lol i found the issue. CSGO dosent know how to play wav files, so i converted the .wav files to .mp3 and now it works just fine. You want me to upload the CSGO version of HL1 soundset??

Last edited by Automicbomb; 07-30-2014 at 18:30.
Advokat
Old 07-30-2014 , 20:41   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #738

As an idea, would it be possible (or feasible, rather) to implement a map vote with randomized order for each individual player?

Last edited by Advokat; 07-30-2014 at 20:45.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2014 , 22:19   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automicbomb View Post
Lol i found the issue. CSGO dosent know how to play wav files, so i converted the .wav files to .mp3 and now it works just fine. You want me to upload the CSGO version of HL1 soundset??
That sounds...wrong somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advokat View Post
As an idea, would it be possible (or feasible, rather) to implement a map vote with randomized order for each individual player?
Possible, yes. Feasible, no. It'd require a complete overriding of the SM core's vote system (and NativeVotes vote system) and manually combining the results of the up-to-64 votes (one per player) into a single result set.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-30-2014 at 22:20.
Advokat
Old 07-30-2014 , 22:31   Re: MapChooser Extended 1.10.2 (Updated 2014-02-05)
Reply With Quote #740

Ah, fair enough. Unfortunate really, seemed like a decent way to deal with the "1" spam.