Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH Revamping Pyro.

Post New Thread Reply   

darkboy245
Old 10-07-2014 , 11:12   Revamping Pyro.
Reply With Quote #1

As the topic says, i find pyro very weak next to other classes in this mod. As a game server's owner, i'd like to change it. And to do this, i would like to give a 25% damage bonus to every flamethrower in VSH mode. As well as i'd like to change the flaregun's damage to a higher one lets say from 90 >> 150.
I need to change the SP file to do this, and i would like to get help from any of you who can help. how can i change the flare gun's damage and the flamethrowers' damage in general ?
Thanks in advance to any helpers.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-07-2014 , 12:15   Re: Revamping Pyro.
Reply With Quote #2

Want to revamp pyro to be so strong that he needs multiple nerfs?

Make your community aware of the wombo combo (airblast+melee).

Suddenly every pyro will be getting easy 3k+, annoyingly deny Hale's movement all the time, only be killable via rage, even then good pyros can flare jump, etc lolo.

Phlog can also be op with the change I made but there's also the other flamethrowers to look at.

Look for this function around line 2636

Code:
public Action:TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItem(client, String:classname[], iItemDefinitionIndex, &Handle:hItem)
Flaregun 90 -> 150 damage

Code:
        case 39, 351, 1081: //Megadetonator
        {
            new Handle:hItemOverride = PrepareItemHandle(hItem, _, _, "2 ; 1.67 ; 25 ; 0.5 ; 207 ; 1.33 ; 144 ; 1.0 ; 58 ; 3.2", true);

if (hItemOverride != INVALID_HANDLE)
            {
                hItem = hItemOverride;

return Plugin_Changed;
            }
        }
(red is the added code)

PHP Code:
case 2120840etc..., 972:
    {
        new 
Handle:hItemOverride PrepareItemHandle(hItem__"2 ; 1.25"true);

if (
hItemOverride != INVALID_HANDLE)
        {

hItem hItemOverride;

return 
Plugin_Changed;
        }
    } 
And this would change flamethrowers. You'd need to add newly released flamethrowers in the future.

List all of the item definition indexes from here:
https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Team_for....5BSlot_0.5D_3

Backburner is already right below megadetonator so do that separately

Code:
        case 40:
        {
            new Handle:hItemOverride = PrepareItemHandle(hItem, _, _, "2 ; 1.25 ; 165 ; 1");
            if (hItemOverride != INVALID_HANDLE)
            {
                hItem = hItemOverride;
                return Plugin_Changed;
            }
        }

Last edited by Chdata; 10-07-2014 at 12:22.
darkboy245
Old 10-11-2014 , 15:13   Re: Revamping Pyro.
Reply With Quote #3

No. Often pyros just push for no reason. thats' because pyro is working hard for not a lot of damage. I've changed it.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-11-2014 , 15:27   Re: Revamping Pyro.
Reply With Quote #4

Erm yeah, that's what I mean. If your players don't play pyro the way where you aren't working hard yet are getting a lot of damage then yes it's the weakest class. Worse damage than medic.

Whereas other communities (like Lethal Zone) have problems with pyro being OP lol
The only buff I think they have is that their shotguns ignite. I dunno if they have airblast jumping.

http://www.lethal-zone.eu/forum/view...15099&p=177289

I for one doubled the cooldown between airblasts so they can't just 'control hale' for my server.

Slag gaming gives pyro minicrits if healed by a medic, which I was considering doing because although I wanted to nerf airblast spam I don't really want to nerf the damage outputs. The airblast thing doesn't really affect skilled pyros at all but it does do a good job of making less skilled ones not be just obnoxious.

At the same time I don't really want to buff damage outputs all that much more because that's going to make skilled pyros all the more dangerous.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-11-2014 at 15:36.
darkboy245
Old 10-11-2014 , 16:32   Re: Revamping Pyro.
Reply With Quote #5

Many thanks for your help. ^^
Spyper
Old 10-16-2014 , 10:57   Re: Revamping Pyro.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Erm yeah, that's what I mean. If your players don't play pyro the way where you aren't working hard yet are getting a lot of damage then yes it's the weakest class. Worse damage than medic.

Whereas other communities (like Lethal Zone) have problems with pyro being OP lol
The only buff I think they have is that their shotguns ignite. I dunno if they have airblast jumping.

http://www.lethal-zone.eu/forum/view...15099&p=177289

I for one doubled the cooldown between airblasts so they can't just 'control hale' for my server.

Slag gaming gives pyro minicrits if healed by a medic, which I was considering doing because although I wanted to nerf airblast spam I don't really want to nerf the damage outputs. The airblast thing doesn't really affect skilled pyros at all but it does do a good job of making less skilled ones not be just obnoxious.

At the same time I don't really want to buff damage outputs all that much more because that's going to make skilled pyros all the more dangerous.
Skilled pyros must be more dangerous.