Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.

Post New Thread Reply   

darkboy245
Old 07-22-2014 , 16:11   Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.
Reply With Quote #1

As the topic says, i'm trying to make the kunai playable. As the current state, a spy starts with 65 hp and cannot use the deadringer without being overhealed, or he's dead. I've found this which i assume is the hp formula for a Conniver's Kunai using spy's hp. I basically need a new formula which makes a wearer of the kunai start with 75 HP instead of 65. nothing should be changed but that. thanks for any of the helpers
PHP Code:
 case 356// Kunai

{
            new 
Handle:hItemOverride PrepareItemHandle(hItem__"140 ; 5.0");

if (
hItemOverride != INVALID_HANDLE)
            {

hItem hItemOverride;

return 
Plugin_Changed
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2014 , 17:07   Re: Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.
Reply With Quote #2

You want "125 ; -55.0" (max health additive penalty, -55). It should override the Kunai's default -65.

I can't find a way to complain about hItem = hItemOverride; being in every single case without sounding nit-picky or off-topic. ...Oops.
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2014 , 22:20   Re: Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy245 View Post
As the topic says, i'm trying to make the kunai playable. As the current state, a spy starts with 65 hp and cannot use the deadringer without being overhealed, or he's dead. I've found this which i assume is the hp formula for a Conniver's Kunai using spy's hp. I basically need a new formula which makes a wearer of the kunai start with 75 HP instead of 65. nothing should be changed but that. thanks for any of the helpers
PHP Code:
 case 356// Kunai

{
            new 
Handle:hItemOverride PrepareItemHandle(hItem__"140 ; 5.0");

if (
hItemOverride != INVALID_HANDLE)
            {

hItem hItemOverride;

return 
Plugin_Changed
You got your math wrong, it's already playable.

Hale his 62 against a deadringer spy.

Not 72.

Kunai is already buffed to change the starting health from 60 to 65.

I did not make this any higher for a reason. Kunai should have some risk, and one of the biggest risks is getting knocked back so much that you take 3 fall damage, which you don't have to worry about with other knives.

If fall damage isn't playable for you... practice. I can consistently do really well with the combo as it is, given I'm a fairly okay spy.

If your server gives Hale random crits or has damage spread, then a lot of Hale balancing is going to be out of wack or pointless due to the variance.

Last edited by Chdata; 07-22-2014 at 22:31.
darkboy245
Old 07-23-2014 , 12:43   Re: Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.
Reply With Quote #4

No you're wrong. I've checked this multiple times. When you play Kunai, if u get hit u die with a dead ringer unless you're overhealed. Even if you're right, being able to die in one hit by a crit is ruining the idea of the Dead Ringer. Anyways, wether im wrong or right, can you supply me the solution to my problem ? can you give me a new formula, or a new way the kunai will have more than just 65HP to the wearer ? I'll appreciate it. (75HP should be fine)
darkboy245
Old 07-23-2014 , 13:05   Re: Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
You want "125 ; -55.0" (max health additive penalty, -55). It should override the Kunai's default -65.

I can't find a way to complain about hItem = hItemOverride; being in every single case without sounding nit-picky or off-topic. ...Oops.
Just saw, real thanks !
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2014 , 15:09   Re: Making the Conniver's Kunai playable.
Reply With Quote #6

PHP Code:
                if (GetEntProp(clientProp_Send"m_bFeignDeathReady") && !TF2_IsPlayerInCondition(clientTFCond_Cloaked))
                {
                    if (
damagetype DMG_CRIT)
                    {

damagetype &= ~DMG_CRIT;
                    }

damage 620.0;

return 
Plugin_Changed;
                } 
** If the player is ready to feign death, hit 620 against his 90% damage resist (comes out to 62 damage).

There's similar code that hits 620 if you're cloaked from the deadringer as well.

It also changes it not to be a crit if it was a random crit, so you can't be killed randomly by random crits even while using the deadringer.

Maybe something is wrong with your server?

As I mentioned before, if you have damage spread on, the 62 becomes anything from 56 to 68 damage and also throws off the survivability of classes like demoman, soldier, spy, and other classes while overhealed. Demoman can't survive with 4 heads which sort of ruins the work of getting 4 heads. Soldier can't survive with battalion's backup.

Last edited by Chdata; 07-23-2014 at 15:51.