Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2010 , 22:53   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

no, he said you cannot edit the level or the quality and i do neither... also it is the same without the wrench... i added it after since they are broken anyhow...
Old 08-10-2010 , 21:16   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
no, he said you cannot edit the level or the quality and i do neither... also it is the same without the wrench... i added it after since they are broken anyhow...
Pretty sure asherkin said that the stats have to be the same was before or the game will think its a new item and destroy the buildable.

That's why you have to have "preserve stats" in there, without any other modifications.
Old 08-11-2010 , 07:54   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Afronanny is correct.

The only thing I would advise adding to that is 5 sections above the wildcard weapon for the wrench, golden wrench, southern hospitality, medigun and kritzkrieg. This should be identical to the wildcard block but missing the line changing the quality (and possibly the level as well, you would need to test that), if you don't do this touching a supply cabinet will destroy all buildings / reset the uber meter. The forced quality change on adding attributes was removed in this version, so as long as you don't change the quality you won't run into this problem.
see... only level and quality... however i can tell you that he was wrong as i still have the issue... something i edited in the shotty besides level and quality is causing it...
asherkin, what do you think about this? here is my config again

http://pastebin.com/ETq6Qr9k

did i maybe misunderstand what you were saying there... or am i just missing something here?
thanks in advance
Old 08-13-2010 , 20:57   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Could you integrate voogru's fix somehow into sm_giveweapon? I know the randomizer has it working, I'd just love to know how...
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-21-2010 , 07:26   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

1.4.1 released.

Same as beta plus:
  • Added back TF2Items_GiveNamedItem native by request.
  • Added concmds for players to control the manager per-session (shitty I know, but clientprefs is annoying).
    • tf2items_enable and tf2items_disable
  • Added convar for server owners to disable above commands
    • tf2items_manager_playercontrol
  • You can now return Plugin_Handled in TF2Items_OnGiveNamedItem to stop the server giving the item.
  • Fixed _ in preserve-attributes, both will work until the next update, so make changes ASAP.
Old 08-21-2010 , 09:35   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

new version just crashes/locks up servers for me... i tried it out with 3 different setups... common thread was Bots... i even tried it with two different bot systems... both did same thing... either locked up with no messages at all or with an assertion failure that mentions being unable to verify players load out... or weapons... or some such cryptic error...
hope this helps... i have rolled back to previous build now and everything is working correctly for me again...
Old 08-21-2010 , 09:36   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
new version just crashes/locks up servers for me... i tried it out with 3 different setups... common thread was Bots... i even tried it with two different bot systems... both did same thing... either locked up with no messages at all or with an assertion failure that mentions being unable to verify players load out... or weapons... or some such cryptic error...
hope this helps... i have rolled back to previous build now and everything is working correctly for me again...
Could you try the beta a few pages back if you haven't, see if it gives the same issues.
In the mean time I'll do some testing of my own.

EDIT:
[20:44] <@asherkin> aha
[20:44] <@asherkin> FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
[20:44] <@asherkin> I pushed old gamedata into the release

Open sourcemod/gamedata/tf2.items.txt and increase the 2 GiveNamedItem numbers by 2.

Last edited by asherkin; 08-21-2010 at 09:47.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2010 , 09:46   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

i was running the beta before... and was having assertion errors... but only once in a while... i never nailed this down as the cause, but i bet it was... newest version completely breaks my servers...

windows server 2k3
mm 1.8.1
sm 1.3.4
Old 08-21-2010 , 09:54   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Bump for fixing the package, shouldn't crash now.
:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 08-21-2010 at 10:03.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2010 , 09:56   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

i already deleted the other folder... is the OP link updated with new values yet?

i been meaning to ask you... have you ever considered a svn server for this plugin? we use them for all out World of Warcraft private server files as they are updated almost daily... is very easy and convenient way to stay current with a rapidly evolving project...

just a thought...

Last edited by cybersquare420; 08-21-2010 at 09:59.
Closed Thread