Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

mihalch
Old 08-03-2010 , 04:41   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Well, sorry if I`ll ask stupid question. I`m new to this theme.

The question is: Is there any _ready_ plugin that can give every player an default item (unlockable/craftable/thatever but the item from items_game.txt file), maybe just temporary while he is on server?

As i can get from this plugin description - i can do it by creating full copy of this file as config for this plugin?

The idea is simple - everyone on a server could have every item for a match (even if he doesnt craft it or get as an random drop)

Cheerz.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-03-2010 , 06:37   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

You could have done (and there was a plugin included) before Valve disabled this ability, If you try to do it now (if the code was still in the extension) you would only get invisible weapons and possible other unintended side-effects.

You can only modify the stats of a players current weapon with this.
Old 08-04-2010 , 15:12   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Glad it works for you.

I've decided to do a little bit of a beta of 1.4 first.
You can download it from http://hg.limetech.org/projects/tf2i...30157977c8.zip.

Significant changes in this version:
  • Less hacky method of attribute changes, now using Valve's actually CUtlVector class with a little hack to get it to not kill the server.
  • Added the ability to preserve the existing weapon attributes in tf2items.weapons.txt

This lets you do stuff like the following:

Code:
"custom_weapons_v3"
{
    "*"
    {
        "*"
        {
            "admin-flags"    "z"
            "preserve_attributes"    "1"

"1"    "134 ; 4"
        }
    }
}
This would add the sparkles particle to all root admin's weapons without breaking the unlock weapon's attributes.
This is pretty experimental, so let me know if there are any issues (and if it's working ).

And yes, that should be using a hyphen not an underscore, but I've already compiled everything, I'll fix it before full release.

Overusing my new catface smiley:
The only thing that seems to be bothering now is the recreation if engi weapons, every time someone dies or touches the cabinet there stuff gets destroyed. I know this is because of how valve "fixed" some bugs with the wrangler but could you make the " * " for all weapons and items not include engi weapons?
Old 08-04-2010 , 15:50   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinayg View Post
The only thing that seems to be bothering now is the recreation if engi weapons, every time someone dies or touches the cabinet there stuff gets destroyed. I know this is because of how valve "fixed" some bugs with the wrangler but could you make the " * " for all weapons and items not include engi weapons?
Read my reply in Post 378.

Just give these weapons identical contents to (making sure it's above the * block so it overrides it) the * block, but without including the quality line (possible the level as well). I thought it was only the wrench, but the buildings may be tied to other weapons as well.
Old 08-04-2010 , 22:25   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Sorry guess I didn't catch that post when you made it. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-08-2010 , 07:32   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

any one solve the engie building exploding yet? (yes i tried the above mentioned fixes) i have only edited the shotty and the wrench for engie and neither of them have the level or quality changed, but the buildings still explode.. this was also the case with just the shotty edited...
Old 08-09-2010 , 03:23   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
any one solve the engie building exploding yet? (yes i tried the above mentioned fixes) i have only edited the shotty and the wrench for engie and neither of them have the level or quality changed, but the buildings still explode.. this was also the case with just the shotty edited...
http://pastebin.com/dtRYS8CJ

Works fine for me.
Old 08-09-2010 , 07:18   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

here... take a look... i am doing a lot more with it than you are...

http://pastebin.com/ETq6Qr9k

it should work though according to what i read above... you can see i have the quality and level changes commented out so the buildings should stay now... i dont need to preserve the atttributes as i am only working with the original weps... i do not make any changes to valve's unlocks... everything woks exactly as i want except the darn buildings...
Old 08-09-2010 , 12:44   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Hmm, I can't get the "*" to work...

Here is what I have now: http://pastebin.com/FFLqApRV

All the specified weapons have the attributes, but the wildcard is not getting any of the others. What am I doing wrong? I have tried many different things, but nothing seems to work.

P.S. So far the gold wrench effect is working fine, no destroyed buildings

Edit: I coppied alinayg's and for some reason THAT worked. I did find another bug though. Whenever you hit a supply cabinet as a demo, your stickes are destroyed. I fixed it the same way as the wrenches/mediguns, but be sure to add the stickylauncher and scottish resistance alongside the other weapons.

Last edited by ChIck3n115; 08-09-2010 at 13:50.
alinayg
Old 08-09-2010 , 22:35   Re: TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
here... take a look... i am doing a lot more with it than you are...

http://pastebin.com/ETq6Qr9k

it should work though according to what i read above... you can see i have the quality and level changes commented out so the buildings should stay now... i dont need to preserve the atttributes as i am only working with the original weps... i do not make any changes to valve's unlocks... everything woks exactly as i want except the darn buildings...
asherkin said you can't modify any engi weapons + medi gun & kritskreg. The first item in your list is a golden wrench thats modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChIck3n115 View Post
Edit: I coppied alinayg's and for some reason THAT worked. I did find another bug though. Whenever you hit a supply cabinet as a demo, your stickes are destroyed. I fixed it the same way as the wrenches/mediguns, but be sure to add the stickylauncher and scottish resistance alongside the other weapons.
Noted, will do.