Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Can I rename Newer models of a Valve rig to ValveBiped? - i.e CSGO's Legacy models

Post New Thread Reply   

Malaxus
Old 05-29-2019 , 00:33   Can I rename Newer models of a Valve rig to ValveBiped? - i.e CSGO's Legacy models
Reply With Quote #1

Since CSGO updated their CS models, labeled under/as legacy, their skeletal rig is different, but the general structure of a ValveBiped is still there. How would I proceed with renaming all the bones of the new legacy model to ValveBiped in order to implement HL2 animations that worked with the older CSGO rig.

When I did rename, there were some leftover bones from the newer model that were never renamed to ValveBiped, I do not know if that would result in anything? I know it is possible to rename the bones and have HL2 animations play on newer models, but I cannot figure it out.

My attempt at importing HL2 animations to the renamed bones and deleting the remainder that weren't "converted"

Last edited by Malaxus; 05-29-2019 at 00:35.
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2019 , 02:46   Re: Can I rename Newer models of a Valve rig to ValveBiped? - i.e CSGO's Legacy model
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaxus View Post
Since CSGO updated their CS models, labeled under/as legacy, their skeletal rig is different, but the general structure of a ValveBiped is still there. How would I proceed with renaming all the bones of the new legacy model to ValveBiped in order to implement HL2 animations that worked with the older CSGO rig.

When I did rename, there were some leftover bones from the newer model that were never renamed to ValveBiped, I do not know if that would result in anything? I know it is possible to rename the bones and have HL2 animations play on newer models, but I cannot figure it out.

My attempt at importing HL2 animations to the renamed bones and deleting the remainder that weren't "converted"
how is this question related to sourcemod?

Last edited by 8guawong; 05-29-2019 at 02:47.
Malaxus
Old 05-29-2019 , 05:30   Re: Can I rename Newer models of a Valve rig to ValveBiped? - i.e CSGO's Legacy model
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
how is this question related to sourcemod?
thanks for taking the time to reply that
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-29-2019 , 10:58   Re: Can I rename Newer models of a Valve rig to ValveBiped? - i.e CSGO's Legacy model
Reply With Quote #4

Moved to the proper section, please be aware of the section you post in!

Last edited by sneaK; 05-29-2019 at 10:59.