Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Basic Donator Interface

Post New Thread Reply   

bouncer
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2010 , 19:11   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #11

Ah I wish your other plugin with the donator thing on top of head would work simply on checking if the user has custom flag o.

Could you possibly edit that plugin and make it just work by itself without this plugin necessary please?

MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-25-2010 , 19:41   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #12

(subscribed)

toazron1 -- Kudos on providing this asset!!

Quote:
This plugin provides a back end for other plugins to interface with, acting as a core to simplify adding donator support to existing / new plugins.
I think alot of people that have the skills will take advantage of your core plugin. It makes sense considering so many different ways server admins desire to implement their Donor system.

I'd like to suggest, if possible, that you put up some screenshots demonstrating the extent of this so far. Just might help the more visually stimulated people, but its not absolutely needed.

I look forward to other authors being able to utilize your core here.

Thanks alot!
toazron1
Old 03-25-2010 , 19:53   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #13

It is possible but it would need to be stripped down a little. If I can find some time tomorrow I will PM you.
Old 03-25-2010 , 20:05   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
I'd like to suggest, if possible, that you put up some screenshots demonstrating the extent of this so far. Just might help the more visually stimulated people, but its not absolutely needed.
The only screen shot would be the menu plugins can register with, but that is just a menu
Old 03-26-2010 , 19:45   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #15

Any possible way that you can make a cvar to impliment flags instead of having to create a sql database? All my donators get privs from reading a flag. This would be much appreciated....thanks for your efforts.
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2010 , 20:25   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #16

nice work.
my suggestion/question regarding flags vs mysql. have natives allowing plugins to set who's a donator. this way you could make one plugin using a rather complex mysql setup and another which is just looking at the custom flags. and another one allowing admins to set clients temporarily by menu. or whatever someone wants. uhm, peel another layer of that core.
btw, what exactly is the donator level?
Thrawn2
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2010 , 08:32   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #17

A simple plugin interfacing with tLevelmod, tAttributes and this (awesome) Donator Interface to give Donators 2 Attribute Points for leveling up. (The normal attributes.bridge.levelmod is still needed.)
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (attributes.bridge.levelmod.donators.sp - 96 views - 588 Bytes)
Grundy
Old 04-07-2010 , 13:10   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #18

Good idea but this plug in is far too complicated for the average server admin to use (like me).

If you want it to be more wide spread, you need to start thinking more like a server admin and less like a coder. ;P
Old 04-12-2010 , 23:48   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
Good idea but this plug in is far too complicated for the average server admin to use (like me).

If you want it to be more wide spread, you need to start thinking more like a server admin and less like a coder. ;P
Then, Look at the other plugin here --> http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1128547, which IS meant for server admins such as yourself.

This plugin is MEANT for other plugin authors to use to write plugins such as that one.
HeroXx
Old 05-03-2010 , 19:40   Re: Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #20

Is it possible to connect this to SourceBans?