Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [L4D2]Is there a way to make versus mode only one round?

Post New Thread Reply   

plug344
Old 02-15-2022 , 01:01   [L4D2]Is there a way to make versus mode only one round?
Reply With Quote #1

When using the versus coop cvar of "infected bots control", I found that the default setting of two rounds per map in the versus mode is a dilemma. If the number of survivor bots is large or strong, the infected players has to go through it again after a long time from beginning to end. If the number of survivor bots is small or weak, They will only go to half of the map or even die at the beginning per rounds. These two situations are very boring. Is there a way to change the versus mode to the next map after only one round?(because when all survivors lose mobility in coop/realism mode, they will only restart this round countless times instead of directly transitioning to the next map) If hook round_end event can be used to solve situations such as c2m'1' to c2m'4', but the final map number of each misson is different. Some are c1m'4', some are c2m'5', and even c6m'3' and c9m'2', what can i do in this case? Or is there any hidden cvar or other simpler way to do it?

Last edited by plug344; 02-15-2022 at 03:18.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2022 , 02:10   Re: [L4D2]Is there a way to make versus mode only one round?
Reply With Quote #2

I think this is what you want.
Force Mission Changer Improved Version 2.3

cfg
PHP Code:
// Quantity of rounds (tries) events survivors wipe out before force of changelevel on final maps in coop/realism (0=off)
sm_l4d_fmc_crec_coop_final "2"

// Quantity of rounds (tries) events survivors wipe out before force of changelevel on non-final maps in coop/realism (0=off)
sm_l4d_fmc_crec_coop_map "2" 
Config:
PHP Code:
"ForceMissionChangerSettings"
{

"c1m4_atrium"   // <-- final map

{

"next mission map" "c2m1_highway"   // <-- new map name

"next mission name" "黑色嘉年華 Dark Carnival (5 Maps)" 

}

"c2m5_concert"
{

"next mission map" "c3m1_plankcountry"
        "next mission name" "Swamp fever (4 maps)"

}

Last edited by HarryPotter; 02-15-2022 at 02:13.
plug344
Old 02-15-2022 , 03:18   Re: [L4D2]Is there a way to make versus mode only one round?
Reply With Quote #3

I'm very much obliged to you! This plugin is very perfect!

Sorry, I have a other problem that is not related to the topic. Maybe I need to post a new topic? After using the cvar "director_force_versus_start", I found that the second button on the c11m5 map cannot be used (targetname "radio", first button is "fake_button" in the targetname can be used). According to the player feedback from the server, it seems that there is also second button "radio" of c10m5 cannot be used, but I have not tested it. I don't know if there is any other way to solve the problem that the ghost of infected cant respawn when the survivor is in start area(when on the first map of each mission (c1m1~c14m1) )?

Last edited by plug344; 02-15-2022 at 03:18.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2022 , 03:36   Re: [L4D2]Is there a way to make versus mode only one round?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by plug344 View Post
After using the cvar "director_force_versus_start"....
Why do you want to force versus start so quickly?

why don't use this convar instead?
PHP Code:
versus_force_start_time                  90       : , "sv""launcher" Starts versus game after this amount of timeeven if survivors are still inside the safe room 

And I'm confusing now what mode you actually play. is it versus or coop?

Last edited by HarryPotter; 02-15-2022 at 03:38.
plug344
Old 02-15-2022 , 04:42   Re: [L4D2]Is there a way to make versus mode only one round?
Reply With Quote #5

It is versus mode like the "hentai rape" server(Because i feel the gameplay of this server is very harmonious, friendly and creative, but because of the high latency and language barrier, I want to create a similar server myself), and "versus_force_start_time" this cvar seems to only work if the survivors are in the safe room (c1m2~c14m2, c1m3~c13m3, etc.), I'm just worried that when the survivor team are only bots, they maybe always refuse to leave, then the game will be stuck here and cannot continue

It's my wrong, it seems that after changing cvar, needs to restart round to be valid. It also works on the first map

Last edited by plug344; 02-15-2022 at 05:02.