Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1

Post New Thread Reply   

RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-15-2012 , 19:25   Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there !

I'm testing Steam Groups forward in my whitelist plugin and I just got a problem with the fact that the "client" (first arg) value was -1.

Looking at http://hg.limetech.org/projects/stea.../extension.cpp, I feel like you shouldn't launch the forward (do we say "trigger", "execute", "launch" or "call" a forward ?) if i == -1. I guess it's logic that player that left the server doesn't have the Forward "forwarded" for them (it is what I assumed when starting to use your extension; since for example, if two clients left, it's impossible that you wouldn't know which one the forward concerns.).

Also, if you don't want to fix that, then please at least mention in the .inc that the Forwards can have a "client" arg of value "-1".

Thanks for this great SP interface,

Red
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 11-15-2012 at 20:00.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-15-2012 , 19:44   Re: Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
And then L520 "if (i > playerhelpers->GetMaxClients())" is true (1 > 0), which makes i == -1; and then the forward is triggered.
Where would you get the idea that playerhelpers->GetMaxClients() would return 0? It'd return whatever the server's maxplayers is set to. Which on both of my TF2 servers would be 24.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-15-2012 , 19:46   Re: Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1
Reply With Quote #3

Wtf; I misread code; I'll update my main post :$.

Kill Assist
Be Medic

Last edited by RedSword; 11-15-2012 at 19:52.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-15-2012 , 22:06   Re: Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1
Reply With Quote #4

This is expected behaviour and documented (although only in the thread when it was added, as that part of the include doesn't have inline documentation written yet).

-1 corresponds to the value of USE_CUSTOM_STEAMID, and is informing you to use the Steam_GetCustomSteamID native to retrieve the SteamID the response is for - this'll happen in cases where SteamTools couldn't find the client on the game server (either someone did a request for a manually specified SteamID, or a client left the server before the response was received).
Old 11-16-2012 , 08:08   Re: Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1
Reply With Quote #5

I suggest you modify your .inc to inform people of this. And I had no idea native bool:Steam_GetCustomSteamID(String:renderedID[], maxlength) had an usage; thanks for the tip.
Kill Assist
Be Medic

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-16-2012 , 08:46   Re: Steam_GroupStatusResult Forward can be called with client == -1
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
I suggest you modify your .inc to inform people of this.
As I said, it'll be there when that part is documented.