Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-19-2018 , 06:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.41, 09-18-2018)
Reply With Quote #331

I haven't added much but if anyone using this plugin and its modules are on SM 1.10.0.6317 or higher, I'd appreciate it if you guys could test the version I uploaded on the GitHub repository under the v8.42 branch. I haven't committed to the master branch since v8.42 is taking a BIG leap from v8.41.

Significant changes in v8.42 so far:

From a dev perspective:

1. New code introduced in SM 1.9 and SM 1.10.

From a user perspective:

1. Changed file path of the configs from cfg/sourcemod to addons/sourcemod/data.
2. Restructured the config file to have more subsections for better organization.

Overall, these current changes don't really affect how the whole plugin behaves in-game. Hence why testers are welcome to test it out and report any bugs.

Future updates may or may not include these current changes. (Apologies to those who still use SM 1.8)

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 09-23-2018 at 19:26.
Yusephf94
Old 09-21-2018 , 12:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.41, 09-18-2018)
Reply With Quote #332

first of all, what a great plugin man , thanks for this I can now make my own tanks, now I would like to ask you, if you can, which you add these tanks
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129013
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2105537
thanks in advance, and if the text is wrong, is the fault of the google translator, I'm sorry

One more thing, you could update the buy system plugin please

Last edited by Yusephf94; 09-21-2018 at 12:19.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2018 , 16:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.41, 09-18-2018)
Reply With Quote #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusephf94 View Post
first of all, what a great plugin man , thanks for this I can now make my own tanks, now I would like to ask you, if you can, which you add these tanks
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=129013
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2105537
thanks in advance, and if the text is wrong, is the fault of the google translator, I'm sorry

One more thing, you could update the buy system plugin please
For the LAST BOSS, all of the abilities from that plugin are already available in Super Tanks++.

As for Hulking Tank, only some of the abilities from that plugin are in Super Tanks++ because the rest are for human-controlled Tanks which I no longer support.
Old 09-24-2018 , 02:22   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks+
Reply With Quote #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
1. It's not good to install sourcemod and metamod from the Steam workshop. Some random person was dumb enough to think that they could just put all that into a .VPK file and make it work.

What you want to do is download the latest stable branch of Sourcemod, Metamod, and get a .VDF file for L4D2.

2. It is possible to host a local server via lobby and get Sourcemod to work. You don't need a dedicated server if you just want to play once in awhile with plugins.

However, if you are planning to play avidly, you're better off going through the process of setting up your own local dedicated server so that you can hop on it anytime without hosting from your game. Make sure that the dedicated server isn't running on the same computer though because you and other players that join the dedicated server will either lag like hell or get disconnected a lot.

3. Hosting a local server can also be done via console, but no one else would be able to join since it's considered as a "single player" server.

You can start a campaign by typing "map <map name>" in console. Example: map c1m1_hotel

*Note: Starting a campaign via console will allow you to use sv_cheats.
I managed to adapt your supertank plug-in for my hard-core server. It was necessary to set extra health of tanks everywhere to zero. I wanted to test the work of the plug-in with my friends. But there is a problem.
My provider does not give open gaming ports. So I tried to install the sourcemod and metamode in the gaming client L4d2 on Steam. I thought that if I go with my plug-ins to the official Steam server, my plug-ins will work there and I can play with my friends. But when you enter on the Steam server, the plugins do not work. Plugins work only if I create a local server in the lobby. But my gaming ports are closed. I do not know if Steam opens the game port 27015, when I create a local game in the lobby? Maybe you know this?
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2018 , 03:11   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks+
Reply With Quote #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvolist777 View Post
I managed to adapt your supertank plug-in for my hard-core server. It was necessary to set extra health of tanks everywhere to zero. I wanted to test the work of the plug-in with my friends. But there is a problem.
My provider does not give open gaming ports. So I tried to install the sourcemod and metamode in the gaming client L4d2 on Steam. I thought that if I go with my plug-ins to the official Steam server, my plug-ins will work there and I can play with my friends. But when you enter on the Steam server, the plugins do not work. Plugins work only if I create a local server in the lobby. But my gaming ports are closed. I do not know if Steam opens the game port 27015, when I create a local game in the lobby? Maybe you know this?
You can't get plugins to work on servers that don't have SourceMod installed. Since you only installed them in your game folder, you can only use them if you host the server yourself. That's the reason why they only work for you when you create a lobby. By creating a local server from the lobby, you are telling the game to use your computer as the server.
Old 10-02-2018 , 04:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.42, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #336

Version 8.42 is out!

Bug fixes

1. Marked the ST_TankName and ST_TankWave natives as optional to avoid potential issues.
2. Fixed the Flash ability errors. (Thanks Mi.Cura for reporting!)
3. Fixed the Rocket ability creating multiple timers for survivors who are getting sent into space.
4. Fixed several abilities not resetting when a Super Tank dies.

Changes

1. Renamed/removed some stocks.
2. The plugin and its modules now requires SM 1.10.0.6317 or higher.
3. The Tank Notes now display a different message when the phrase for a Super Tank is not found.
4. Changed the directory of the configs from "cfg/sourcemod" to "addons/sourcemod/data".
5. Added a new native: ST_TankColors - Retrieves a Super Tank's colors.
6. The Gravity ability's "Gravity Value" now accepts higher values.
7. The Health ability no longer allows a Super Tank to set survivors to black and white.
8. The Jump ability now provides more features.
9. The Pyro ability now provides more features.
10. The Restart ability now removes all weapons from survivors before giving them new loadouts.
11. Lowered the amount of boss stages from 5 to 4. Any boss that spawns automatically starts at stage 1.
12. Moved various settings under new sections and reorganized/restructured the config file.
13. Merged the Cancer ability with the Health ability.
14. Added 2 new abilities: Lag and Recoil
15. Added the ST_PluginEnd() and ST_Preset() forwards.
16. Added several checks for better handling of timers.
17. Added several new settings.
18. Renamed several settings.

Files

1. Updated config file with all the new settings, presets, and organization/structure.
2. Updated gamedata file to remove unused signatures.
3. Updated include file to use new natives introduced in SM 1.9 and SM 1.10, and to add new forwards and natives.
4. Updated translation file with new phrases and reformatted the phrase name of the Tank Note phrases.
Old 10-02-2018 , 20:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #337

Version 8.43 is out!

Bug fixes

1. Fixed some abilities not displaying messages.

Changes

1. Renamed function parameters for better understanding.

Files

1. Updated include file.
Old 10-02-2018 , 23:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #338

I seem to be getting this error with the new update:

"super_tanks++\super_tanks++.smx: Unable to load plugin (no debug string table)"
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2018 , 23:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastycuz View Post
I seem to be getting this error with the new update:

"super_tanks++\super_tanks++.smx: Unable to load plugin (no debug string table)"
Make sure you have SM 1.10.0.6317 or higher. Read the README.md file on GH for the requirements...
Old 10-03-2018 , 00:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.43, 10-02-2018)
Reply With Quote #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Make sure you have SM 1.10.0.6317 or higher. Read the README.md file on GH for the requirements...
Fantastic, every update that you are taking out I am using it in my game with friends and it fascinates us but I would like you to clarify a doubt, SM versions 1.10.0.6317 or higher if I'm not mistaken are trial versions and that makes me think that it can cause some faults or that my other complements work differently ... what can you tell me about it? I would appreciate it if you would clarify that point so I can consider updating to this version of sourcemod or wait until it is released as a stable version.