Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Debugging freezestatus

Post New Thread Reply   

Saxywolf
Old 02-27-2008 , 20:35   Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #1

When I couldn't get the freezestatus plugin for Sourceforts to work I thought it was an installation problem as I'm new to Sourcemod. This plugin does work for some servers, but (at least) not mine. I came across the necessary info to compile a plugin so I added print-to-console lines for variables making a custom version for debugging.

GetClientAimTarget(client, false) is returning -2 which according to the API docs means "the function is not supported".

Now, what does "the function is not supported" mean. Does it just not work with Sourceforts? Not supported by what?

Last edited by Saxywolf; 03-05-2008 at 23:51.
pRED*
Old 02-28-2008 , 00:01   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #2

Had a quick check of the GetClientAimTarget source and it requires the 'EyeAngles' offset available for your mod.

For sourceforts (a pre-orangebox mod) this is defined in sourcemod/gamedata/sdktools.games.txt

Line 848 : "!SourceForts v1.9.2"

Where '!' means for mods where the description matches the following string.

This is followed by the list of offsets.

Most likely you will be using a different version of sourceforts to this one and that is why this native won't work. (Along with a lot of others).

-e- Theres also "$SourceForts v1.9.3" on line 1000something but I forget what the $ means.

Have a try changing this string to a new one and see if that fixes it. You can remove the '!' and use the mod folder name (CS:S uses "cstrike")

Last edited by pRED*; 02-28-2008 at 00:05.
Saxywolf
Old 02-28-2008 , 19:09   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #3

I changed all the 1.9.3 references and all the single references to "sourceforts" in my sdktools.games.txt and now it works. Thanks!

I searched the files, but I didn't find the actual function. Is it available in the SDK?

Last edited by Saxywolf; 02-28-2008 at 19:35.
pRED*
Old 02-29-2008 , 00:58   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #4

GetClientAimTarget?

It's a SDKTools native.

Code for the native is in here (function : sm_GetClientAimTarget):

http://svn.alliedmods.net/viewvc.cgi...od&view=markup

and it calls a function from here (GetClientAimTarget):

http://svn.alliedmods.net/viewvc.cgi...od&view=markup

-e- If you post a bug report stating your problem and how you solved it, it will probably get merged (after its been checked/confirmed of course) into the official download and make life easier for other sourceforts players.

Last edited by pRED*; 02-29-2008 at 01:00.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-29-2008 , 07:33   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #5

I thought our gamedata files were updated for SourceForts 1.9.3 already.
Old 02-29-2008 , 09:56   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #6

Thanks again pRED*, but before I file a bug report:
1) rcon sourcemod_version ... 1.0.0.1815
2) Maybe it was done by request special for Sourceforts, by why does sdktools.games.txt support SourceForts v1.9.2? Continuing to support an older version would change how it needs to be fixed and I need to know this so I can test how it should be fixed rather then just submitting a bug.

BAILOPAN,
sdktools.games.txt was updated for 1.9.3 and I've seen freezestatus working on a number of servers. The offsets in there also worked for mine once I changed the reference to the folder name. Since I don't think there was a different build of 1.9.3 released I'm thinking it has to do with the SourceMod build version's gamedata game references I have installed. I only know pRED*'s suggestion worked. I remember noticing that the game name in the in-game server browser list for sourceforts 1.9.2 is longer then 1.9.3's by one character (note that they both show up in the same list though):
  • SourceForts v1.9.2
  • SourceForts 1.9.3
However, I doubt this is the problem as I don't think other server admins are fixing this on their own. Not to mention, when searching posts about my problem (of course I can't find that particular one now), I saw that the game starts up with a different name then the name used after startup and that someone (BAILOPAN?) was looking into adding a (meta?) command to show the initial name.

Maybe you can let a newb in on the secret and refresh pRED*'s memory... What does the $ do in "$SourceForts v1.9.3" in sdktools.games.txt?

Last edited by Saxywolf; 03-03-2008 at 19:35.
snowhuouV
Old 04-06-2008 , 14:28   Re: What does the '$' do in sdktools.games.txt?
Reply With Quote #7

I'm wondering this also. I have been fiddling with a plugin to fix some exploits in SourceForts, and had rather erratic results. Functions like FindEntityByClassname would work fine one time, and then another time say "not supported by this mod". I finally tooled around in sdktools.games.txt, and like Saxywolf, removed support for 192, and changed all references to "sourceforts" and now it works.

Could it have to do with the game name set in gameinfo.txt?

<EDIT>
Well, I just answered my own question. I changed the string in sdktools.games.txt to "$bubble butt" and of course, this broke support.

Then I change the game name in gameinfo.txt to "bubble butt" and it worked again.

So somewhere along the way the gameinfo.txt of the servers that I tested on must have been changed, breaking support.

Isn't there a better way of determining the game version than from a string in a textfile?
</EDIT>

Last edited by snowhuouV; 04-06-2008 at 14:43.
Timoses
Old 01-05-2010 , 17:50   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #8

Hey, getting up an old topic >.<.

I have the problem that GetClientAimTarget(client, false) returns "-2" at all times, no matter what I look at. I'm trying this with the newly released DHL2 mod ( http://www.distraction-mod.com/ ).

I don't have a "sdktools.games.txt". So, before screwing around with
all the other files and creating a "game.dhl2.txt" and entering random numbers, I'm asking you, what I can do, so GetClientAimTarget works...
Send a message via ICQ to Timoses Send a message via MSN to Timoses
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 01-05-2010 , 17:59   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoses View Post
Hey, getting up an old topic >.<.

I have the problem that GetClientAimTarget(client, false) returns "-2" at all times, no matter what I look at. I'm trying this with the newly released DHL2 mod ( http://www.distraction-mod.com/ ).

I don't have a "sdktools.games.txt". So, before screwing around with
all the other files and creating a "game.dhl2.txt" and entering random numbers, I'm asking you, what I can do, so GetClientAimTarget works...
File a bug for gamedata support for it and I'll take a look at getting what you need.
Timoses
Old 01-05-2010 , 18:02   Re: Debugging freezestatus
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
File a bug for gamedata support
What exactly do you mean? Sorry, I'm not very advanced in coding etc..
Send a message via ICQ to Timoses Send a message via MSN to Timoses