8% 

L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler

Post New Thread Reply   

Sappykun
Old 02-01-2021 , 18:22   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryWolf View Post
Yes, any of the cvars are not working until the map is loaded, you can put them in server.cfg / sourcemod.cfg they have no effect until later
I have all of the other cvars in server.cfg and they turn on just fine for me. It's only rate, sv_maxrate, and sv_minrate that aren't being applied properly.

I should also note that trying to change rate with sm_cvar isn't possible since apparently the rate cvar doesn't exist.

Code:
[SM] Unable to find cvar: rate
CryWolf
Veteran Member
Old 02-01-2021 , 18:32   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #182

I meant cvars owned by this module like sv_maxupdaterate and fps_max, try setting them in server.cfg and see that they are not beeing applyed, and you need something to apply them later, tested by myself, i even added them to sourcemod.cfg and autoexec.cfg, no matter for now im happy with that plugin.
Send a message via MSN to CryWolf Send a message via Yahoo to CryWolf
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2021 , 14:40   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappykun View Post
I have all of the other cvars in server.cfg and they turn on just fine for me. It's only rate, sv_maxrate, and sv_minrate that aren't being applied properly.

I should also note that trying to change rate with sm_cvar isn't possible since apparently the rate cvar doesn't exist.

Code:
[SM] Unable to find cvar: rate
The server controls "rate" with "sv_minrate" and "sv_maxrate" variables.

I think its just a warning and can be safely ignored. After your initial post, I went back and checked all the signatures and offsets and they seem to be correct.
Old 04-10-2021 , 14:00   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #184

I tried putting this on my server to fix the awful hitboxes and laggy common infected that come with 30 ticks. I set the tickrate to 50 in my batch file for srcds.exe and put those 3 commands in my server.cfg but the common infected were still laggy and stuttering when they move, didn't see a single improvement. I checked to see if it was loaded on my server using "plugin_print" and it was loaded, but I didn't see a change. Do you know what I could've done wrong here?

Last edited by Qdude; 04-10-2021 at 14:01.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2021 , 15:36   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdude View Post
I tried putting this on my server to fix the awful hitboxes and laggy common infected that come with 30 ticks. I set the tickrate to 50 in my batch file for srcds.exe and put those 3 commands in my server.cfg but the common infected were still laggy and stuttering when they move, didn't see a single improvement. I checked to see if it was loaded on my server using "plugin_print" and it was loaded, but I didn't see a change. Do you know what I could've done wrong here?
Not much can be done here since "the last stand" update completely broke the physics on L4D2. I can only recommend putting the tickrate at 60 and changing the other convars.
Old 04-11-2021 , 04:50   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Note that common infected updates are bound by the CVAR
Code:
// Default 0.1
nb_update_frequency
Use a low cl_interp on your client and lower nb_update_frequency on the server until you see desirable results.

Here is a competitive server config for reference:
https://github.com/SirPlease/L4D2-Co...server.cfg#L66
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2021 , 05:59   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #187

Quote:
Change your server's tickrate to something divisible by 3 if below 100 (which is pretty much unstable).
Qdude
Old 04-12-2021 , 03:58   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynda View Post
Note that common infected updates are bound by the CVAR
Code:
// Default 0.1
nb_update_frequency
Use a low cl_interp on your client and lower nb_update_frequency on the server until you see desirable results.

Here is a competitive server config for reference:
https://github.com/SirPlease/L4D2-Co...server.cfg#L66
Thank you three for your quick replies, I really appreciate it, but I'm gonna focus on this one. I don't get it, do you have to force the clients at 100 ticks for it to work? Can I just set the server side commands and have the clients have their own update and interp choices?

Last edited by Qdude; 04-12-2021 at 04:15.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2021 , 06:38   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #189

You can set the lower and upper bounds. Clients can adjust their rates within that range.
Old 04-12-2021 , 07:15   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #190

Quote:
Can I just set the server side commands and have the clients have their own update and interp choices?
Yes exactly, I just suggested it in order to better "see" the way changes to nb_update_frequency affect the infected.

As for what you should put the value of nb_update_frequency to that's up to you, it will have diminishing returns the further you lower it at an increasing CPU cost.

Note that the final result is in whole ticks so at 100 tickrate nb_update_frequency 0.1 and 0.095 have the same effect (both being 10tick between updates) and 0.094 will be rounded down to 0.09 (9 ticks).

Last edited by Zynda; 04-12-2021 at 07:22.