Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

MP3 MENU

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff       
kapitana
Old 12-15-2018 , 14:37   MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #1

As the title says this is some sort of mp3 music plugin, but what's really special about this one is that the user DOESN'T download the music when he enters the server. The "songs" are actually links to music (music which is uploaded to a domain). The songs can only be played if they are uploaded to a domain. I have added several "references".

***IN GENERAL***
it's a list of songs, which are played online and do not require to be downloaded. I made it so only admins can have the right to play music, and the user gets asked whether he likes to listen to the song.

***IF IT'S REQUESTED***
In future version maybe I'll make it so the user can open the menu and choose a song for himself.

***Console Commands***
mp3_menu
- Admin only command

***Say Commands***
/stop
/stopmusic
- Stops the music

***DISCLAIMER***
This was actually a request from a certain person(about 4-6 years ago).
Also, since I can't use html, I used ConnorMcLeod's HTML Windows Media Player code(Half Life Media Player III (3.1.1 07-24-2009)). All credit for the Windows Media Player registration goes to him.

***Credits***
ConnorMcLeod for his HTML Windows Media Player code.

***EDIT***
Just found out that Windows Media Player does not load on STEAM users, which means that the music won't play on steam clients.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (mp3_menu.sma - 501 views - 6.2 KB)
File Type: txt mp3_menu.txt (443 Bytes, 185 views)

Last edited by kapitana; 12-16-2018 at 12:59.
EPSON
Old 12-15-2018 , 17:04   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #2

[ChatMessage] ML_NOTFOUND: MUSIC_CHOSEN
[ChatMessage] ML_NOTFOUND: MUSIC_CAN_STOP
Alber9091
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2018 , 17:47   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPSON View Post
[ChatMessage] ML_NOTFOUND: MUSIC_CAN_STOP
Add mp3_menu.txt in cstrike/addons/amxmodx/data/lang
EPSON
Old 12-15-2018 , 18:00   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #4

Music not playing, im steam , server also steam so don't say any shit about non-steam.

Last edited by EPSON; 12-15-2018 at 18:00.
kapitana
Old 12-16-2018 , 06:19   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #5

Hmm it actually works for non-steam users only. Very interesting. The plugin is NOT using any kind of slow hacking. I'll look in to it when I have some free time. But very interesting indeed.
**EDIT** Just found out that Windows Media Player DOESN'T LOAD on steam users(I do not know the reason of this). But if Windows Media Player doesn't load on steam users, I don't think there is a way of fixing it. It's not really a problem with the code that can be edited so it would work. It's more like some kind of restriction from steam-sided support?

Last edited by kapitana; 12-16-2018 at 06:49.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-16-2018 , 11:42   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #6

Yes, because no one likes you to run code on their computers without permission.

kapitana
Old 12-16-2018 , 12:18   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Yes, because no one likes you to run code on their computers without permission.
What do you mean run code on their computers without permission?? This is based on Windows Media Player -- something like this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...33070?p=833070.
It opens Windows Media Player online ... it doesn't open it from your computer if this is what you mean. And without permission?? The user clearly gets asked whether he wants to listen to the song.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-16-2018 , 13:12   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #8

Right, it asks you, got that wrong.
Afaik this has been stoped by valve, but i cannot tell why exactly.

Visinescu
Old 12-22-2018 , 21:30   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #9

I've found a different way to be able to use mp3s, but you have to host them and make a motd for each one of them using this website. you need flash player in order to be able to listen to these. in general windows 10 has a flash codec already built in so it should work for most without the need to download it.

It even works for online radios, but you must have the original radio url, also add "/;" at the end in order to be played. check the image down for example
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-23-2018 , 08:13   Re: MP3 MENU
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visinescu View Post
I've found a different way to be able to use mp3s, but you have to host them and make a motd for each one of them using this website. you need flash player in order to be able to listen to these. in general windows 10 has a flash codec already built in so it should work for most without the need to download it.

It even works for online radios, but you must have the original radio url, also add "/;" at the end in order to be played. check the image down for example
In my opinion I always found music/radio plugins useless because of Steam Community Overlay covering everything. Music, web browser, purchases etc.