Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Steam group kick plugin?

Post New Thread Reply   

pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2012 , 02:57   Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi.
I searching a simple plugin, what will be kick all player and write him a configurable message, if he are a member in a specific and configurable steam group. By the group id?
Searchig that, but not found.
Anyone can write this plugin?
striker07
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2012 , 10:08   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not sure that you can just see anothers steam group there id, i think only administrators of the steamgroup can see their id

Working on:
[CSGO/CSS] Mmorpg - an extensive XP/level modulair platform
Progress: [♣♣♣♣♣♣♣|♣♣♣]
pubhero
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2012 , 02:24   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #3

This plugin can detect which player are in the specific steam group. I think the "unwanted group member kick" are available.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=143410
Anyone can write a plugin what can kick/ban automatically, if the connected x player is a member in the y group?
For example:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/x22Lovers
and:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/x22hacks
and:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/x22userandlover
and many more.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-04-2012 , 04:37   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #4

Try this out (requires the SteamTools extension).

Command:
sm_bangroup <32-bit group id> (Typing it for an already banned group will unban it)

To get a group's 32-bit account id go to their group page and add "/memberslistxml/?xml=1" to the end of the URL. For example:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/x22Lovers
becomes
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/x22...listxml/?xml=1

Get the 64-bit account ID from there and subtract 103582791429521408 from it to get their 32-bit id.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (steam-group-banner.sp - 427 views - 1.8 KB)
File Type: smx steam-group-banner.smx (2.9 KB, 364 views)

Last edited by bl4nk; 10-04-2012 at 04:42. Reason: requirements, directions for groupid, and downloads
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-04-2012 , 06:14  
Reply With Quote #5

You need to check the group ids in the callback, you could kick loads of players (if not all of them).

You should also add code to detect timeouts and resend the query.
Old 10-04-2012 , 12:44   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You need to check the group ids in the callback, you could kick loads of players (if not all of them).
Ah, you're right. Missed the text about it being for all requests. Fixed version is attached.

Quote:
You should also add code to detect timeouts and resend the query.
How do you propose detecting a timeout?
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (steam-group-banner.sp - 380 views - 2.0 KB)
File Type: smx steam-group-banner.smx (3.1 KB, 350 views)
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-04-2012 , 13:29  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
How do you propose detecting a timeout?
Start a timer when you make a request, if it triggers before you get the callback for that group id, redo the request, if you do get a result, cancel the timer. Repeat a max of, say, 5 times (if that, it's generally good at replying on a 2nd request).

Another downside of the API (I reported it to Valve, they said it was intended - despite the current behaviour being completely counter-intuitive) is that it'll treat someone invited to a group (even if they ignore the request) as being a member, and the only way to clear this flag is to join and then leave again.

This makes it quite unsuitable for kicking people that are members of popular groups. The person that discovered this actually had unsavoury members inviting all his regulars to the groups he'd blocked in order to stop them joining the server.
Old 10-04-2012 , 15:32   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #8

wow.
Thanks.
Seems like it will work. I will try this.
If i not want to ban these users, only kick with a specific kick messages, or ban for a little time with that specific messages?

[SM] Usage: sm_bangroup <32-bit group id> (ban = how many time?). Can i select somehow with a cvar what i want? Value 1 = kick , 2 = ban. If i chose the ban, another cvar for the ban time. Third convar for the optional ban / kick message?

Where store this plugin the bans? Bans from a simple .cfg file, is possible?
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-05-2012 , 07:53   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #9

It doesn't ban the player, just the group. It kicks them from the server once they've joined if they're in one of the groups you banned. Putting the cmds in a .cfg file would work fine. If you want a custom phrase, you can modify the source of the plugin (just look for the KickClient line) and recompile it (I might add in translations if it's too hard for you to figure out).

As for the timeouts, I'll work on that later as it will require a bit of tricky timer handling since I'm checking multiple groups on the connecting player.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-05-2012 , 07:54   Re: Steam group kick plugin?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Another downside of the API (I reported it to Valve, they said it was intended - despite the current behaviour being completely counter-intuitive) is that it'll treat someone invited to a group (even if they ignore the request) as being a member, and the only way to clear this flag is to join and then leave again.

This makes it quite unsuitable for kicking people that are members of popular groups. The person that discovered this actually had unsavoury members inviting all his regulars to the groups he'd blocked in order to stop them joining the server.
I think this was due to them making it so you can only be invited to a group once to prevent people from being spammed invites from the same group. Why it detects them as a member instead of just sticking in an "invited" flag, I have no clue.