Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TUTORIAL] [L4D] Many-Player Survival/Coop/Versus

Post New Thread Reply   

Number Six
Old 05-19-2009 , 16:18   Re: [TUTORIAL] [L4D] Many-Player Survival/Coop/Versus
Reply With Quote #11

yup super versus run great ;)

The major problem for me , the respawn infecteds blocked on 4 with the plugin , and very slowwwwwwwww ......
Playing last night on the visual77 server , and on all infecteds respawn very fast (and furious) and multiples boomers/smokers/hunters , not limited 4 !
With the super versus , survivor 6 np , infected 6 (players humains) but not for the bots ...
please help me !!

Special cvars ? Plugins ? Others ? ...

Last edited by Number Six; 05-19-2009 at 16:23.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-19-2009 , 17:53   Re: [TUTORIAL] [L4D] Many-Player Survival/Coop/Versus
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
yup super versus run great ;)

The major problem for me , the respawn infecteds blocked on 4 with the plugin , and very slowwwwwwwww ......
Playing last night on the visual77 server , and on all infecteds respawn very fast (and furious) and multiples boomers/smokers/hunters , not limited 4 !
With the super versus , survivor 6 np , infected 6 (players humains) but not for the bots ...
please help me !!

Special cvars ? Plugins ? Others ? ...
Care to explain what you mean in this situation "Not for the bots"?
There are no bot infected in versus mode. If you mean co-op mode, the A.I director will not spawn more than the Server cvars allow.

As for spawning in versus I have no issue at all, I played earlier and had an entire team of 8 players in versus spawning as hunters and stuff.
Old 05-25-2009 , 15:43   Re: [TUTORIAL] [L4D] Many-Player Survival/Coop/Versus
Reply With Quote #13

I installed it and it seems to be working nicely. I haven't been able to fully test it yet, but I have a question. I tried to add a line to the configs to change the name of the server, depending on the config, but that doesn't seem to work.

For example, 5v5 VS, I put this in:

sm_cvar hostname "FLOT #2|5v5 Versus|FLOTGaming.net"

but it didn't change the name. I also tried without sm_cvar and it didn't work. Any suggestions?
GrossKopf
Old 05-25-2009 , 17:04   Re: [TUTORIAL] [L4D] Many-Player Survival/Coop/Versus
Reply With Quote #14

Ok, did some more testing, by myself and I found some problems. I didn't test each and every config and I didn't write down specific problems, but in general, in the VS configs, if I was infected, the bots had a tendancy to huddle together. Sometimes they stopped doing anything and just stood around like they were waiting for something. In 8v8 Versus, as the survivor, I found that I couldn't open the safe house door. It was telling me to wait until all players were ready. In survivor mode, when I loaded, the survivors were already fighting the infected and they started on the outside part of the lighthouse fence (at the bottom of the road).

I might test each config with my clanmates when I have more time but generally it seems this is bugged.
Slash The Mighty
Old 06-01-2009 , 06:56   Re: [TUTORIAL] [L4D] Many-Player Survival/Coop/Versus
Reply With Quote #15

This is pretty awesome, and I even got a server host company into making me a custom deal about hosting a L4D server with this on, for only £6 a month even!

+Karma, and a tip for your tutorial. You should find a vote plugin, modify it slightly (with permission of cors), allowing players to start a vote for which config should be used, and the config with the most votes gets executed.

Edit:

Apparently karma was removed, so I'm just gonna give you a thumbs up and say thanks instead.

Last edited by Slash The Mighty; 06-01-2009 at 07:00.
Send a message via AIM to Slash The Mighty Send a message via MSN to Slash The Mighty Send a message via Skype™ to Slash The Mighty