12% 

Match Config

Post New Thread Reply   

Nomarky
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-09-2008 , 09:54   Match Config
Reply With Quote #1

Hi

I'm trying to come up with a match config for the admin menu, so that I don't have to give admins RCON access to setup our HL2DM server for matches, and to reset it afterwards.

I have made a config file called sm_match.cfg:

//SourceMod Match Server Config

echo ***Badger Match Enabled***

servercfgfile match_server.cfg
sm_execcfg match_server.cfg
sm_execcfg sm_hlx_off.cfg
sm_execcfg sm_scp_off.cfg
sm_execcfg sm_server_password.cfg
mapcyclefile matchcycle.txt
sm_csay [FAT66] Match Server

This turns off the Hlstats, the spawn protection, passwords the server and changes the server.cfg and mapcycle.txt files. If I then add sm_warmode_on.cfg to load only the basic plugins, the server goes into a loop with this error:

Cbuf_AddText: buffer overflow

Any ideas why this may be? I have tried putting the call to exec warmode in both the sm_match.cfg and the match_server.cfg with the same result.
If I exec warmode on its own it works, but I rather would admins called everything from one menu item. Or they will forget...

I've been playing with this a little more, it seems if I exec the match config from console it works. However, after changing map the sm plugin load_lock stops even the basic plugins being loaded, leaving no admin menu on the server....

Last edited by Nomarky; 05-09-2008 at 10:47. Reason: More info
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2008 , 18:55   Re: Match Config
Reply With Quote #2

You dont need to use sm_execcfg just use exec {FILE} since its ran on the server. I would also put in heartbeat maybe and pause or w/e the pause command is.

Nomarky
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2008 , 09:15   Re: Match Config
Reply With Quote #3

Hey DontWannaName, that was just the ticket. Thanks!
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-14-2008 , 10:45   Re: Match Config
Reply With Quote #4

Nomarky,

could you provide your working solution for this? I think I have the same issue, but I don't quite understand what the fix was.

Did you still execute warmode ON? b/c i encountered the same problem of having no SM admin access.

Thanks.
Nomarky
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-14-2008 , 12:05   Re: Match Config
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
Nomarky,

could you provide your working solution for this? I think I have the same issue, but I don't quite understand what the fix was.

Did you still execute warmode ON? b/c i encountered the same problem of having no SM admin access.

Thanks.
What I did was make a new config file which included the contents of sm_warmode_on.cfg, plus the other commands I wanted to execute. I put that in my cfg folder and exec'd that. Using that I still have admin after map changes. Don't really understand why it works like that, but it works for me