Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)

Post New Thread Reply   

ZAGOR
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-23-2016 , 11:13   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.7 (Updated 05/22/2016)
Reply With Quote #21

Yes 51000 is open
Major Erection
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-23-2016 , 12:01   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.7 (Updated 05/22/2016)
Reply With Quote #22

Hey man, I received your PMs and I'd like to say, Holy Hell you work fast.

I'll give it a test sometime today or tomorrow.

Also if you don't mind, I think it would be useful for some people if you could make the cooldown for the messages optional and even better, make it a cvar so that people can change it as they wish.

Peace.

Last edited by Major Erection; 05-23-2016 at 12:01.
kekcheese
Old 05-23-2016 , 12:54   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.7 (Updated 05/22/2016)
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGOR View Post
Yes 51000 is open
Zagor, please load the plugin on the main server, then load it on a secondary server. Reply with the output it gives you for the plugin. You can use "sm plugins reload scr" to reload it without restarting your servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Erection View Post
Hey man, I received your PMs and I'd like to say, Holy Hell you work fast.

I'll give it a test sometime today or tomorrow.

Also if you don't mind, I think it would be useful for some people if you could make the cooldown for the messages optional and even better, make it a cvar so that people can change it as they wish.

Peace.
I'll do that. Should be done on Version 0.8
kekcheese
Old 05-23-2016 , 13:18   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #24

Updated plugin to v0.8. Please create new config or download attached one
  • Changed spam delay to a controllable CVar, default to 1 second. sm_scr_spam_delay. Requested by: Major Erection
Attached Files
File Type: cfg plugin.scr.cfg (2.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: smx scr.smx (13.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (scr.sp - 80 views - 14.8 KB)
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-23-2016 , 22:01   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #25

sm_scr_port "51000"

this port is different with server port 27015 right ?
Old 05-24-2016 , 02:13   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenbaodanh View Post
sm_scr_port "51000"

this port is different with server port 27015 right ?
This port is completely independent of the server port 27015. You can set this to whatever open port you want, but all connected servers need the same port set for sm_scr_port
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-24-2016 , 04:21   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #27

thanks for explaining
how about > scr_clients.txt and scr_textblacklist.txt

those files is neccesary or not ?
if I run 3 servers from the same PC , what should I do ? just place and config the plugin with same ip ? and do I need to contain server ports too ?

Quote:
[SCR] Broadcasting "{green} [ 1HP PUB ] | {blue}Console: {default}testing may ma oi" from 0
but no message on other servers . I have all servers ip in > scr_clients.txt

Last edited by nguyenbaodanh; 05-24-2016 at 04:42.
Major Erection
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-24-2016 , 08:37   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
thanks for explaining

if I run 3 servers from the same PC , what should I do ? just place and config the plugin with same ip ? and do I need to contain server ports too ?

try putting the IP as 127.0.0.1 without port.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-24-2016 , 08:42   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #29

I feel like a douche constantly asking for features but I realized something in my servers.

Certain people use /o some uses !o in their team chat etc. Which makes it hard for people in the same server to understand the conversation that's happening.

It'd be cool for all !o messages to be hidden(not printed in chat) and the message that's printed in other servers gets printed in this server too.

For example:

If player from server 1 types '!o hello', it doesn't show !o hello in server 1 but instead '[SERVER 1] hello' like every other server.

Also, what happens if I set sm_scr_spam_delay 0 ?

Again just a suggestion, don't hate me

Last edited by Major Erection; 05-24-2016 at 08:45.
kekcheese
Old 05-24-2016 , 09:04   Re: [ANY] Server Chat Relay REDUX v0.8 (Updated 05/23/2016)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
thanks for explaining

For IP on the secondary servers, try both 127.0.0.1 as well as the external IP of the first server, even if they're on the same.

scr_clients.txt should be there for security purposes, just put 127.0.0.1 and the external IPs of all secondary servers assuming they're different.

scr_textblacklist.txt is not required.

scr_sm_port should be set to the same in all config files, you can leave it as default or change if you desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Erection View Post
I feel like a douche constantly asking for features but I realized something in my servers.

Certain people use /o some uses !o in their team chat etc. Which makes it hard for people in the same server to understand the conversation that's happening.

It'd be cool for all !o messages to be hidden(not printed in chat) and the message that's printed in other servers gets printed in this server too.

For example:

If player from server 1 types '!o hello', it doesn't show !o hello in server 1 but instead '[SERVER 1] hello' like every other server.

Also, what happens if I set sm_scr_spam_delay 0 ?

Again just a suggestion, don't hate me
I'll work on that !o thing. I've seen the same happen on my server which can confuse people.

sm_scr_spam_delay 0 should be fine. Should just make it so all messages are sent.