Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

irogue
Old 05-10-2012 , 03:12   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #181

How would i go about if i wish to add more items / objects and or categories to the current menu, is there somehwere in the .sp file specific i need to look (sorry i don't know much about scripting or coding so any pointers would be appreciated and if i got more added to the menu iw ould gladly share it.)

Currently i am using GCF tool and or model viewer or listmodels command variable to get the paths manually and i would much prefer to have these other models that are not currently in the menu available in the menu.

thx
dnk737
Old 05-27-2012 , 06:16   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #182

Hello.

Why command fortspawn_admin "1" dont working. I want all players can to use this command.
PLZ Help me

Last edited by dnk737; 05-27-2012 at 06:17.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-27-2012 , 07:05   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnk737 View Post
Hello.

Why command fortspawn_admin "1" dont working. I want all players can to use this command.
PLZ Help me

Set it to "", otherwise specify an admin flag, which is "a" to "o" and "z" for root admin. Blah, go search.
Old 05-27-2012 , 07:27   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #184

where it to write?

Last edited by dnk737; 05-27-2012 at 07:28.
deimos38170
Old 06-06-2012 , 15:23   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #185

Hello, i have a little big problem: i spawned exactly 1141 object on c1m2 and i saved them all, but when i load it server crash, this does not surprise me but is it possible to fix this by cuting the map.txt in 10 smaller .txt file and then loading it 1 by 1 or something else maybe? Like a cooldown, that does not appear all at once but little by little like 100 object every 1 or 2 seconds. Thank

Last edited by deimos38170; 06-07-2012 at 10:06.
Tentacle Master
Old 06-09-2012 , 18:00   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by irogue View Post
How would i go about if i wish to add more items / objects and or categories to the current menu, is there somehwere in the .sp file specific i need to look (sorry i don't know much about scripting or coding so any pointers would be appreciated and if i got more added to the menu iw ould gladly share it.)

Currently i am using GCF tool and or model viewer or listmodels command variable to get the paths manually and i would much prefer to have these other models that are not currently in the menu available in the menu.

thx
Currently models can only be add by editing the source and recompiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by deimos38170 View Post
Hello, i have a little big problem: i spawned exactly 1141 object on c1m2 and i saved them all, but when i load it server crash, this does not surprise me but is it possible to fix this by cuting the map.txt in 10 smaller .txt file and then loading it 1 by 1 or something else maybe? Like a cooldown, that does not appear all at once but little by little like 100 object every 1 or 2 seconds. Thank
I get a huge lag spike with I do 300 at a time. 1141 is funny to even think about.
This possible but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I bet I could easily do this just by throwing the object spawn code in the load loop into a 1-2 sec timer inside and call the timer instead.

1141 is an impressive number to have in the first place. I'm surprised it didn't crash before

Plugins:
Automatic Main Menu Opener -public ||| My Little Pony Models Pack -public ||| No One Left4Dead -private ||| Fortspawn 2 -private
squiddie
Old 06-29-2012 , 16:13   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #187

Upon Spawning an item it spawns it on the underside of the object im spawning on So if i spawn say a concrete barrier on the floor it will spawn it under the map is there a way to negate this effect but still maintain targeted Spawning
Tentacle Master
Old 06-29-2012 , 16:58   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #188

Out of curiosity are you spawning items as they please, or facing/away from you? Ie adding the 1 to the end of the fortspawn_item command.

Plugins:
Automatic Main Menu Opener -public ||| My Little Pony Models Pack -public ||| No One Left4Dead -private ||| Fortspawn 2 -private
squiddie
Old 06-29-2012 , 17:49   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #189

i dont get the question when i spawn Say im on the floor its completely straight so the angles wont be wrong i Spawn say a Minigun and it comes out perfectly fine op top in view as expected now say i want to spawn a Barricade (2) in the Most Used section I aim at the floor just like i would for Minigun i click the spawn button and it spawns But the Model spawns the wrong way i.e instead of spawning the right way up creating a barrier from the ground towards the sky it spawns Under the map From the point i specified the complete opposite i.e under the map. Does it with Ammo Stack aswell Upside down ammo stack on the underside of any texture i spawn it to
irogue
Old 07-07-2012 , 05:31   Re: [L4D2] Fort Spawner (1.4.0.0)
Reply With Quote #190

Well i noticed a while ago that the position of objects spawned are also odd, i installed objects and saved them but once i load the map i was seeing objects i hadn't spawned in places and or seeing objects i had spawned but they were in two places.

I checked the saved locations of the objects to make sure i hadn't accidentally spawned extra but the saved positions were fine and the "extra" object'(s) were not in the save config and i confirmed this after trying it various times on various maps even by making an entirely new saved location config.

As i said i also noticed that objects would appear under the map or above the map, i.e. in the sky or under the map in odd locations and they were duplicates of objects i had saved.

Perhaps one of valves updates broke the plugin functions or something else ?