Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Saysounds (Redux)

Post New Thread Reply   

heavenrave
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-27-2015 , 08:41   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #21

Hi,

If you don't mind adding a function or a cvar so that we could adjust the sounds whom to play it to . Like alive players don't hear the sound trigger by dead players who typed in the chat. Much appreciated if you could add it in.
Sketchy
Old 08-03-2015 , 14:58   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #22

edit: issues resolved

Are there any additional parameter options other than what is shown in your example? ie, Admin, Volume, File1, etc.

Last edited by Sketchy; 08-15-2015 at 19:15.
Sketchy
Old 08-07-2015 , 12:44   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #23

Anybody know what I would have to change in the code to make the menu stay open when a selection is made ?
Zeddy_god
Old 08-27-2015 , 18:35   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #24

Could you please add a chat command so that whenever anyone play's a sound, it says
"{anycolor}<Playername> has played sound {anycolor}<triggername>". It would be much appreciated.
Great job though, this works really well. Cheers!

EDIT:
For half the people, there's a create mixer error and sounds dont work.

Last edited by Zeddy_god; 08-28-2015 at 14:42.
markym
Old 08-29-2015 , 01:11   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #25

I'm really glad to see a newer plugin for playing sounds. I've been trying to use Admin Sounds but it just won't work at all with DODS. Is anyone using SaySounds for Day of Defeat Source? Does it work? And where would I load my sound files to work with this plugin. Thank you.

Last edited by markym; 08-29-2015 at 01:13.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2015 , 02:27   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #26

it should support all of the settings for saysounds that the original saysounds hybrid does, that is, you can use the same config file.

As for the mixer problem, is it that the sound is not being downloaded by those players? (They have optional downloads disabled),

and as for dods, I would assume it would work.

You can try changing the cvar which controls how sounds are played (serverside, or clientside), by using sm_saysounds_playingame.

If you use sm_saysounds_playingame 0, and the player doesn't have the sound file, nothing will happen as it's a clientcommand.
markym
Old 08-29-2015 , 11:28   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
it should support all of the settings for saysounds that the original saysounds hybrid does, that is, you can use the same config file.

As for the mixer problem, is it that the sound is not being downloaded by those players? (They have optional downloads disabled),

and as for dods, I would assume it would work.

You can try changing the cvar which controls how sounds are played (serverside, or clientside), by using sm_saysounds_playingame.

If you use sm_saysounds_playingame 0, and the player doesn't have the sound file, nothing will happen as it's a clientcommand.
So where do I put the sounds? Do I need a sound file under SourceMod? I also have them on a fastdl host so they can push down to players.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2015 , 14:43   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #28

In the original post it was stated some things were stripped from the code -- what were those things? I am using the Ghosty's 4.0.8 right now and it's been working -- just always up to use something newer and more optimized if available.

We have say sounds only useable by our admins and donors....as well as "intro sounds" when they join the server. One of the say sounds also has a 10% chance to happen on a given instance of an event trigger....does this version support those things?

Would I need to reconvert my wav/mp3 files for use with this version?

Where do the sounds need to be placed? /custom/sounds/saysounds ? I've had to put sound files in the "former" tf/sounds location in the past to get some of them to work......

To convert to this plugin, does it use the same "saysounds.cfg" file or will I need to remake this config file?

Thanks in advance.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 09-24-2015 , 16:08   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #29

Is this plugin still active?
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2015 , 07:33   Re: [ANY] Saysounds (Redux)
Reply With Quote #30

Tried to install this today. Errorlog:

Quote:
L 09/25/2015 - 13:28:52: SourceMod error session started
L 09/25/2015 - 13:28:52: Info (map "dod_donner") (file "errors_20150925.log")
L 09/25/2015 - 13:28:52: [SM] Native "HookEvent" reported: Game event "teamplay_round_start" does not exist
L 09/25/2015 - 13:28:52: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "saysounds.smx":
L 09/25/2015 - 13:28:52: [SM] [0] Line 131, /home/forums/content/files/1/9/6/2/6/7/141119.attach::OnPluginStart()
Game is Day of defeat source

Last edited by micazoid; 09-25-2015 at 07:33.