Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How can I fix these warnings?

Post New Thread Reply   

Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2005 , 23:42   How can I fix these warnings?
Reply With Quote #1

I'm pretty sure I don't need to, but how can I fix these warnings?

Quote:
..\..\hl2sdk\public\vstdlib\strtools.h(8 : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(299) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'char *' to 'int'

\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(299) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(31 : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'char *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(31 : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(337) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'char *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(337) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(356) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'char *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(356) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\utlbuffe r.cpp(430) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
interface.cpp
..\..\hl2sdk\public\vstdlib\strtools.h(8 : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
convar.cpp
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\convar.c pp(283) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\convar.c pp(697) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
KeyValues.cpp
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\KeyValue s.cpp(644) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\KeyValue s.cpp(1311) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\KeyValue s.cpp(149 : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\KeyValue s.cpp(1930) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'void *' to 'int'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\KeyValue s.cpp(2019) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' of greater size
bitbuf.cpp
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\bitbuf.c pp(236) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'unsigned char *' to 'unsigned long'
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\tier1\bitbuf.c pp(581) : warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'unsigned char *' to 'unsigned long'
MRecipientFilter.cpp
..\..\hl2sdk\public\datamap.h(370) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
CSQL.cpp
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(7 : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(93) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(110) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(114) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(135) : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(139) : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(166) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(230) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\public\vstdlib \strtools.h(8 : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
CPlayer.cpp
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\hl2sdk\public\vstdlib \strtools.h(8 : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
CHelper.cpp
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CHelper.cpp(33 ) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CHelper.cpp(35 ) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CHelper.cpp(42 ) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CHelper.cpp(44 ) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
BanMgr.cpp
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(7 : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(93) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(110) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(114) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(135) : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(139) : warning C4267: 'return' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(166) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
d:\Joshs Computer\Desktop\CS\HL2\smbans\CString.h(230) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'unsigned int', possible loss of data
smbans_convar.cpp
smbans.cpp
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2005 , 08:48  
Reply With Quote #2

#pragma warning(4267:disable)

IIRC
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2005 , 17:07  
Reply With Quote #3

Compile in release mode.
sslice
Old 06-25-2005 , 19:03  
Reply With Quote #4

The warnings still show up...
Old 06-25-2005 , 21:10  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
#pragma warning(4267:disable)
needs to go in every file generating a warning
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2005 , 09:35  
Reply With Quote #6

it's just so weird though, I made a new project just to see if I knew how to link the mysql shit properly. And the old project doesn't show me these errors, but the new project does.

it's quite strange.
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-27-2005 , 12:29  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesu
it's just so weird though, I made a new project just to see if I knew how to link the mysql shit properly. And the old project doesn't show me these errors, but the new project does.

it's quite strange.
Off topic:

Is their a way to include mysql stuff without forcing the loading of the mysql dll's if they are not used?

I included some mysql stuff into my plugin but even if I didnt use the mysql portion ..my dll forced loading mysql 's dlls..
69.90.34.10:27015 Beetlesmod.com And CS-Addicts{US}

http://www.clanuseast.com
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-27-2005 , 13:00  
Reply With Quote #8

Geesu, this may or may not get rid of all those warnings, but I ran into something similar not too long ago with a new project file. Try going to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ -> General and turn off the option that says "Detect 64-bit Portability Issues."
Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2005 , 17:50  
Reply With Quote #9

DS it worked!!! How in the hell did you come up with that?

And beetlefart, I think it's possible but I have NO idea how, I remember BAIL mentioning something about dynamic loading vs. static or some crap (I could be pulling this out of my ass, I don't know)
BeetleFart
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-27-2005 , 19:20  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesu
DS it worked!!! How in the hell did you come up with that?

And beetlefart, I think it's possible but I have NO idea how, I remember BAIL mentioning something about dynamic loading vs. static or some crap (I could be pulling this out of my ass, I don't know)
yeah I figured that ..but I know nothing about MS Visual C's settings etc..
I use borland normally..
I dont know how to make the dll dynamically load.
69.90.34.10:27015 Beetlesmod.com And CS-Addicts{US}

http://www.clanuseast.com