Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

OLD - SEE SMAC SUBFORUM SourceMod Anti Cheat - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)

Post New Thread Reply   

sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 05-10-2011 , 03:05   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Yeah but that is not the same plugin as Kigens Anti Cheat.
Thats what I said "My apologies I thought it was from kac. I get it from rcon_lock.smx"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Maybe worth adding in next version?
Maybe yeah.

Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2011 , 03:10   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #202

From the features list:
Quote:
This engine also features the Anti-Wallhack which checks to see if a target is supposed to be visible to a client, and if not, doesn't send information about that player's position, giving wallhacks no information.
While I realize I'm in the minority with my 100 tick server, it should be noted that after I had it pointed out to me that that's how the anti-wallhack feature worked, I was able to solve another longstanding bug on my server that I now believe has been caused by KAC's anti-wallhack feature, exacerbated by the server running at 100 tick.

Most people that know about it refer to it as the disappearing players bug, although a more accurate description would be "the players randomly appearing in front of you after they'd been invisible for a while" bug. It seems to happen most often in situations where the player's view is partially occluded, such as looking at the window in mid in de_inferno from the terrorist side. Basically as just described, you'll be staring right toward a person, they'll be completely invisible, and then if you're lucky, they'll suddenly become visible, or if you're unlucky, they'll kill you before you can even see them.

To some players it happens more often than others. For some it's once a map almost without fail, while for others, it's once every couple weeks (like me).

I had always assumed that it just came with the territory of 100 tick, and friends and I had done experiments on multiple servers at 66 and 100 tick, determining that it only seems to happen at 100.

Anyway, after realizing how the anti-wallhack functions, it sounded like a likely culprit, and I remembered that all servers used for testing had been running anti-wallhack during the tests, so I disabled it, and I've been asking around to people that normally experience the bug. Nobody is having the problem anymore. Apparently this problem that's been bugging me for many months has finally been tracked down.

Again, it either only occurs at 100 tick or is at least exacerbated by it, so for you default-tickers, the anti-wallhack is probably still fine.
nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2011 , 03:55   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #203

I had experienced the same issues on my CS:S dust2 servers and we had used the 100tic enabler until recently.
The same issues you describe of player models suddenly appearing and disappearing thru mid doors.

I might have to try the Anti-wallhack feature again as we have now defaulted back to 66tic.

thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 05-10-2011 , 11:05   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #204

Psy, feel free to trash this topic and create one specific to your version of the plugin haha.
Old 05-10-2011 , 13:49   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #205

Question! *raises hand*

Besides the cvars that come with KAC's cvar blocker, is there any other I could be adding? Who knows, maybe Kigen forgot to add some.

Send a message via Skype™ to einwad
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2011 , 14:12   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #206

psychonic: Kigen said SourceMod wouldn't refresh the translations for him and that that caused problems with his auto-update functionality of the plugin. Now that it doesn't auto-update, the translations should definitely be converted.
Mattdogg
Old 05-10-2011 , 21:10   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #207

I wouldn't want my plugins & addons being altered & edited by someone, then called "their" version either. Just saying. Not that any of these anticheats actually work anyhow. sv_pure 2 your servers, lock your rcon, and keep sv_cheats to 0. Same protection, less lag and groaning. lol.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-10-2011 , 21:19   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdogg View Post
...and keep sv_cheats to 0. Same protection, less lag and groaning.
Absolutely false.

Many cheat programs operate simply by allowing you to modify CVars to whatever value you want on your client, with sv_cheats and r_drawothermodels being very commonly changed.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 05-10-2011 , 21:39   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #209

Afraid Mister Magotchi is correct, you're a tad off in your assumptions. And as for your comment concerning altered and edited by someone, welcome to the world of Open Source. Kigen stopped support, why shouldn't someone else pick up the work when the plugin is needed?
Old 05-10-2011 , 21:45   Re: SourceMod Anti Cheat (v1.2.1.7) - (Formerly Kigen's Anti Cheat)
Reply With Quote #210

Yeah. It's called a fork. It happens all the time. People do get a little butt-hurt over it sometimes, but it's totally legitimate, and getting more people involved in working toward a goal is almost always beneficial.