Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

I try to make mod with xp.

Post New Thread Reply   

Fry!
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 13:27   I try to make mod with xp.
Reply With Quote #1

Ok , yesterday I look into this Tutorial > http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=66497 so I decide create my first mod but I today tryed to compile and there was some errors but I did all what was in this tutorial. Is this tutorial wrong or I had something write wrong. Please correct me/plugin . (Plugin is unfinished) .
i miss your way in making outstanding plugins...
this forum needs lots of the likes of you..... and less of the idiots that spread right now.

Last edited by Fry!; 06-07-2008 at 14:53. Reason: .sma not needed anymore
[ --<-@ ] Black Rose
ANNIHILATED
Old 05-31-2008 , 14:19   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #2

These errors are simple.
Learn english.

* You forgot a new row at places.
* You can't name functions exactly like a variable.
* The array thing is in pure english. You exceed the size of the array.
* If you can't see what's wrong with this you shouldn't code at all.
Code:
client_print(id,print_chat(id,print_chat,"You are alredy a %s",CLASSES[i]);
Fry!
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 14:40   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #3

mm Thanks . Like I set It was yesterday at my time 24:00 when try to code something and I was sleepy . Lol I dont know why I write that text to times .

Quote:
* If you can't see what's wrong with this you shouldn't code at all.
Well somehow I need/want to learn coding stuff . ;/
this forum needs lots of the likes of you..... and less of the idiots that spread right now.

Last edited by Fry!; 05-31-2008 at 14:44.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 14:40   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #4

1. You created a variable and a function with the same name. (PlayerClass)

2. register_event("ResetHUD","on_spawn","be")
THAT IS TERRIBLE!
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=42159

3. Your id and attacker are global... wtf?
You need to create those in the Death function and retrieve the data.

4. <incorrect>

5. You have two statements on one line, without a semicolon..
Code:
PlayerClass[id] = i client_print(id,print_chat,"You are now a %s",CLASSES[i])
should be:
Code:
PlayerClass[id] = i client_print(id,print_chat,"You are now a %s",CLASSES[i])

6. Typo
Code:
client_print(id,print_chat,"You are alredy a %s",CLASSES[i]);
should be:
Code:
client_print(id,print_chat,"You are already a %s",CLASSES[i]);

7. You don't need the second # symbol when you save/load data since you only use 2 numbers.
Also, you can just space out the numbers, instead of putting a # in the middle.
Also, you don't need to format the vaultdata if you are loading it
Code:
public SaveData(id) {         new AuthID[35]     get_user_authid(id,AuthID,34)     new vaultkey[64],vaultdata[256]       format(vaultkey,63,"%s Mod",AuthID)     format(vaultdata,255,"%i#%i#",PlayerXP[id],PlayerLevel[id])       nvault_set(g_vault,vaultkey,vaultdata)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public LoadData(id) {     new AuthID[35]     get_user_authid(id,AuthID,34)     new vaultkey[64],vaultdata[256]     format(vaultkey,63,"%s Mod",AuthID)     format(vaultdata,255,"%i#%i#",PlayerXP[id],PlayerLevel[id])     nvault_get(g_vault,vaultkey,vaultdata,255)     replace_all(vaultdata, 255, "#", " ")     new playerxp[32], playerlevel[32]     parse(vaultdata, playerxp, 31, playerlevel, 31)     PlayerXP[id] = str_to_num(playerxp)     PlayerLevel[id] = str_to_num(playerlevel)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }
should be:
Code:
public SaveData(id) {         new AuthID[35]     get_user_authid(id,AuthID,34)     new vaultkey[64],vaultdata[256]       format(vaultkey,63,"%s Mod",AuthID)     format(vaultdata,255,"%i %i",PlayerXP[id],PlayerLevel[id])       nvault_set(g_vault,vaultkey,vaultdata)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public LoadData(id) {     new AuthID[35]     get_user_authid(id,AuthID,34)     new vaultkey[64],vaultdata[256]     format(vaultkey,63,"%s Mod",AuthID)     nvault_get(g_vault,vaultkey,vaultdata,255)     new playerxp[32], playerlevel[32]     parse(vaultdata, playerxp, 31, playerlevel, 31)     PlayerXP[id] = str_to_num(playerxp)     PlayerLevel[id] = str_to_num(playerlevel)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

8. This could be way better coded.
Code:
public PlayerClass(id) {     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 2)     {         set_user_health(id, 102);         give_item(id,"weapon_m249");     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 3)     {         set_user_health(id, 104);         set_user_armor(id, 105);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 4)     {         set_user_health(id, 106);         set_user_armor(id, 110);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 5)     {         set_user_health(id, 108);         set_user_armor(id, 115);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 6)     {         set_user_health(id, 110);         set_user_armor(id, 120);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 7)     {         set_user_health(id, 112);         set_user_armor(id, 125);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 8)     {         set_user_health(id, 114);         set_user_armor(id, 130);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 9)     {         set_user_health(id, 116);         set_user_armor(id, 135);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 10)     {         set_user_health(id, 118);         set_user_armor(id, 140);     }     }
should be:
Code:
public PlayerClass(id) {     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER)     {         switch(PlayerLevel[id])         {             case 2:             {                 set_user_health(id, 102);                 give_item(id,"weapon_m249");             }             case 3:             {                 set_user_health(id, 104);                 set_user_armor(id, 105);             }             case 4:             {                 set_user_health(id, 106);                 set_user_armor(id, 110);             }             // etc...         }     } }

Code:
#include <fun>
you should use fakemeta_util
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=28284
I love you exolent!

Last edited by Exolent[jNr]; 05-31-2008 at 16:11.
Fry!
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 15:04   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #5

wow , Thanks for this big reply .
[ --<-@ ] Black Rose
ANNIHILATED
Old 05-31-2008 , 15:25   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-olent View Post
Code:
new AuthID[35] get_user_authid(id,AuthID,34)
should be:
Code:
new AuthID[35] get_user_authid(id,AuthID,34)

Code:
client_print(id,print_chat(id,print_chat,"You are alredy a %s",CLASSES[i]);
should be:
Code:
client_print(id,print_chat(id,print_chat,"You are already a %s",CLASSES[i]);
How could you miss these simple things? I mentioned them in my post.

Quote:
8. This could be way better coded.

Code:
public PlayerClass(id) {     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 2)     {         set_user_health(id, 102);         give_item(id,"weapon_m249");     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 3)     {         set_user_health(id, 104);         set_user_armor(id, 105);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 4)     {         set_user_health(id, 106);         set_user_armor(id, 110);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 5)     {         set_user_health(id, 108);         set_user_armor(id, 115);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 6)     {         set_user_health(id, 110);         set_user_armor(id, 120);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 7)     {         set_user_health(id, 112);         set_user_armor(id, 125);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 8)     {         set_user_health(id, 114);         set_user_armor(id, 130);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 9)     {         set_user_health(id, 116);         set_user_armor(id, 135);     }     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER && PlayerLevel[id] == 10)     {         set_user_health(id, 118);         set_user_armor(id, 140);     }     }
should be:

Code:
public PlayerClass(id) {     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER)     {         switch(PlayerLevel[id])         {             case 2:             {                 set_user_health(id, 102);                 give_item(id,"weapon_m249");             }             case 3:             {                 set_user_health(id, 104);                 set_user_armor(id, 105);             }             case 4:             {                 set_user_health(id, 106);                 set_user_armor(id, 110);             }             // etc...         }     } }
Could be even better...
Code:
public PlayerClass(id) {     if (PlayerClass[id] == CLASS_SOLDIER) {         if ( PlayerLevel[id] == 2 )             give_item(id,"weapon_m249");     set_user_armor(id, PlayerLevel[id] * 5 - 10);     set_user_health(id, PlayerLevel[id] * 2 + 98);     } }

Last edited by [ --<-@ ] Black Rose; 05-31-2008 at 15:34.
Fry!
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 15:34   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #7

Yeah, it's simple but when you are sleepy it's hardly to notice . :/ Thanks for a help .
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 15:57   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #8

I didn't really pay much attention.
Just did a quick run through.
I love you exolent!
fxfighter
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 16:09   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:

4. Also, you set your classes wrong in the menu with the numbers.
Either, decrease the menu numbers by one, or change this line:
Code:
new i = str_to_num(szCommand)

to:
Code:
new i = str_to_num(szCommand) - 1
You culdnt be more incorect thare.
You messs up the classes so if the pick solder they will get class none and so one.
The 0 slot is for class none that will be the defult class when they join.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2008 , 16:11   Re: Try make mod. please help .
Reply With Quote #10

lol I didn't see that "None" was a variable option.
My bad.
I love you exolent!