Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.591, 08/11/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2012 , 18:16   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #301

You cannot host it from a listen server (a server in which you are hosting but you are also playing). If you install a dedicated server on another folder on your computer and run SourceMod on there, you can.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Darc_wolf
Old 03-04-2012 , 21:39   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #302

Damn it... well, can you tell me how to set-up a Dedicated server, please? I'm not trying to sound noobish, but I've never hosted one, always been listen server.

...That being said, why won't a listen server work, if I may ask?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2012 , 07:00   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #303

There's tutorials elsewhere.

Valve prevented server-side mods like SourceMod from loading on client-side games, so that people couldn't exploit them. You have to run your game with -insecure (don't ask) to have SM running, which makes you unable to connect to VAC.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to figure out the dedicated server stuff yourself. The thread's for Randomizer. However, I believe there's a Steam Support page with info on setting up a dedicated server. Check that out.

Psyduck likes replays.
Darc_wolf
Old 03-13-2012 , 20:16   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #304

Thanks! I got a server all set up and stuff, and I'm hosting a server. (It's not up 24/7, I don't trust my computer enough for that.) But I do host sometimes. If anyone wants, I can give the IP to add, it's in the North West.

But enough of that... do you ever plan on adding a way of adding custom weapons? I just think it'd be cool to make like, a flamethrower that's made for airblasting, and other weapons. Would that ever be possible to add into the rotation?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2012 , 02:00   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #305

I'm not sure if that's such a great idea, but I can probably implement it. In the meantime, you can always give yourself custom weapons via [TF2Items]GiveWeapon.

Psyduck likes replays.
Darc_wolf
Old 03-14-2012 , 03:03   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #306

Yeah, but it'd be nice to add them to the whole system of randomization, rather than just one person getting a weapon. That way, if I want, I can add power weapons that you have to be lucky to get, or...better then some of the weapons, but still near useless, and be unlucky to get them. All about customization.

Also...I know this isn't really your fault, but would there be a way to stop the bots from just like...eating the sandvich or that blasted chocolate bar? Or being engineers and not doing anything? I know this really wasn't meant for bots, and I realize you probably can't fix it, but no console commands seem to work with players/bots that have spaces, so I can't force them to reroll, and killing them brings them back with the same loadout. (tf_bot_kill all)
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2012 , 07:28   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #307

Next update will fix the bot stuff, yes. I already got annoyed by it and made the change a while back, but never updated the plugin.

Next update will be released after this Thursday. I'm excited for what TF2 updates may come this Thursday.

sm_reroll "part of name" should work. Like, if the name is Gordon Freeman, /reroll free should work. Or /reroll gor. or /reroll "on fr".
You get the idea.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 03-14-2012 at 07:30.
Darc_wolf
Old 03-14-2012 , 19:28   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #308

Hm. Odd. None of those commands worked when I tried in my game console or the server console.

Also, maybe a little help, none of the tf_bot_ commands work in the game console, despite me being a server admin, at least...I think am. I still don't know Source Mod very well.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2012 , 04:29   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #309

tf_bot_ commands go into server console, not client console. sm_rcon tf_bot_add will put it into server console.

Psyduck likes replays.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-15-2012 , 13:09   Re: [TF2Items] Randomizer (v1.51, 01/15/2012)
Reply With Quote #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Next update will be released after this Thursday. I'm excited for what TF2 updates may come this Thursday.
This could just be another minor update. I don't believe Valve said what's in it, only that they want people to help test a new updater tool on Linux.