Raised This Month: $40 Target: $400
 10% 

SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released


Post New Thread Closed Thread   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
psychonic

BAFFLED
Join Date: May 2008
Old 05-30-2015 , 10:23   SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#1

SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 have now been released.

As usual for our minor releases, they primarily contain updates to game compatibility and bug fixes.

MM:S 1.10.5 adds support for Black Mesa (SM 1.8.0-dev or later still required), updates CS:GO support, and fixes an issue with game detection in Nuclear Dawn.

The entire SM 1.7.2 changelog is below:
  • Updated game compatibility for the latest CS:GO updates.
  • Fixed potential crash when using SDKTools GameRules_* natives.
  • Fixed regression in v1.7.0 causing admin-sql-threaded plugin to not properly load admins.
  • Fixed leak in plugin heap memory that could lead to "Not enough space on the heap" error.
See the release notes for the full SourceMod changelog.

You can get SourceMod 1.7.2 from the downloads page. Some support links:
Thanks to all community members that contributed, as well as the rest of the SM Dev Team.

Last edited by psychonic; 05-30-2015 at 10:27.
psychonic is offline
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Sep 2011
Old 05-30-2015 , 11:29   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#2

awesome thanks.
Horsedick is offline
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Old 05-31-2015 , 03:53   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#3

Classic CS:GO, always making the list.

Thanks for the continued updates.
__________________
Maxximou5 is offline
bombjack
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Old 05-31-2015 , 05:22   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#4

Hi,
Since the update of CS:GO a while ago, my server refuses to load SM. I've tried various combinations of MM/SM snapshot builds without luck and eventually gave up and thought "I'll wait for official release". Now that it's here, SM still does not load. This is what I see:

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>
meta load addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486 (/home/<username>/csgo_server/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumi13bitsForBitnum

Server is running on Linux and uses version "1.34.8.6/13486 6040 secure"

Any thoughts?
bombjack is offline
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Old 05-31-2015 , 12:12   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#5

Congrats & thanks for the quick support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombjack View Post
Hi,
Since the update of CS:GO a while ago, my server refuses to load SM. I've tried various combinations of MM/SM snapshot builds without luck and eventually gave up and thought "I'll wait for official release". Now that it's here, SM still does not load. This is what I see:

meta list
Listing 1 plugin:
[01] <FAILED>
meta load addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486 (/home/<username>/csgo_server/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumi13bitsForBitnum

Server is running on Linux and uses version "1.34.8.6/13486 6040 secure"

Any thoughts?
Update your game server. Temporarily remove all addons & try launching your server; then add only mm & relaunch; followed by SM & relaunch. Don't forget to replace all binaries when updating. If you're unsure try the recent current devs (note that mm also has a dev snapshot; thought the 1.10.5 just released should do the job).
__________________
My plugins :
Red Maze
Afk Bomb
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
RedSword is offline
bombjack
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Old 06-04-2015 , 07:43   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
Congrats & thanks for the quick support.

Update your game server. Temporarily remove all addons & try launching your server; then add only mm & relaunch; followed by SM & relaunch. Don't forget to replace all binaries when updating. If you're unsure try the recent current devs (note that mm also has a dev snapshot; thought the 1.10.5 just released should do the job).
Thanks for input. I tried to re-install cs-go (i.e. I removed the csgo directory and ran update). The server was re-installed by the update. I then applied MM 1.10.5 and SM SM 1.7.2. Result is the same. SM does not load with the same error message as above. I also tried to remove all stock plugins from SM with no luck. I don't what else I can do now. Could it be that the update created new dependencies or something? (I am using a quite old version of Fedora)

PS: version of CS:GO is now 1.34.8.7, protocol version 13487, build date May 26.

Last edited by bombjack; 06-04-2015 at 07:45.
bombjack is offline
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Old 06-04-2015 , 07:51   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombjack View Post
Thanks for input. I tried to re-install cs-go (i.e. I removed the csgo directory and ran update). The server was re-installed by the update. I then applied MM 1.10.5 and SM SM 1.7.2. Result is the same. SM does not load with the same error message as above. I also tried to remove all stock plugins from SM with no luck. I don't what else I can do now. Could it be that the update created new dependencies or something? (I am using a quite old version of Fedora)

PS: version of CS:GO is now 1.34.8.7, protocol version 13487, build date May 26.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
... Temporarily remove all addons & try launching your server ...
*sigh*
__________________
My plugins :
Red Maze
Afk Bomb
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 06-04-2015 at 07:52.
RedSword is offline
bombjack
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Old 06-04-2015 , 09:56   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
*sigh*
Tried sarcasm too, but that did not work.

I'm sorry I did not explain exactly what I have done. I did follow your instruction to add one thing at a time, even though I do not understand why. I know the server itself works, that MM is running but SM is not. I do software testing as part of my profession and I do know how to follow an instruction. But your instruction fails to state what the outcome should be in each step and what to look for. Anyway, Here is what I did:

1. I started a vanilla server. Result: OK, it works
2. I add MM (1.10.5 official) and restart. Result. OK, it works and MM is running
3. I add SM (1.7.2 official) and try to load it. Result: NOK, result as I stated above (see below)

Code:
...
...
VAC secure mode is activated.
GC Connection established for server version 187, instance idx 1
meta version
Metamod:Source version 1.10.5
Built from: https://github.com/alliedmodders/metamod-source/commit/e0ef546
Build ID: 939:e0ef546
Loaded As: Valve Server Plugin
Compiled on: May 30 2015
Plugin interface version: 15:14
SourceHook version: 5:5
http://www.metamodsource.net/
meta list
No plugins loaded.
meta load addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486
Failed to load plugin addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486 (/home/<username>/csgo_server/csgo/addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod.2.csgo.so: undefined symbol: _ZZ15GetBitForBitnumiE13bitsForBitnum).
And yes, I am aware there are dev snapshots for both MM and SM. It's stated in my first post.

Last edited by bombjack; 06-04-2015 at 10:07.
bombjack is offline
RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Quebec, Canada
Old 06-04-2015 , 10:08   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#9

The point was to ensure SM was the source of the problem (and not MM; I was wondering if your MM was loading fine and if other possible extensions ran fine); which you didn't make clear in the posts previous to your last one. When I said "launch your server", I had in mind that launching your server would occur without problems. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Red
__________________
My plugins :
Red Maze
Afk Bomb
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work

Last edited by RedSword; 06-04-2015 at 10:23.
RedSword is offline
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seduce Me!
Old 06-04-2015 , 13:00   Re: SourceMod 1.7.2 and Metamod:Source 1.10.5 Released
#10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSword View Post
The point was to ensure SM was the source of the problem (and not MM; I was wondering if your MM was loading fine and if other possible extensions ran fine); which you didn't make clear in the posts previous to your last one. When I said "launch your server", I had in mind that launching your server would occur without problems. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Red
MM:S can still be the source of the problem if SourceMod doesn't load.

See also: The multiple times Valve changed the filesystem interface.
__________________
Am I back? Well, we'll see.
Powerlord is offline
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode