Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS/CZ Administration Tool

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkPlayer
Old 11-22-2007 , 15:51   CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

PureFan and I created a server administration tool for CS/CZ servers. It uses RCon to connect to the server and it gets additional information from a plugin.
We created this program for our server and everything works very well. But we thought that other admins could probably need it, too. Our program has three main features:

- A nearly realtime map overview (~1 seconds delay)
- An menu which gives your access to the most important RCon commands
- An command line which allows you to execute RCon commands manually

We are just working on a beta version and so we are searching for people who are interessted and probably want to test the programm. If you are intrested, just send me a PM.

Here are some sample screenshots from the current version.

The Map Overview:

The Userlist, which can be accessed by the TAB-key (Nobody is death because it's a deathmatch server):

The command "stat" manually executed (Typed in the blue command line at the bottom of the window):

A part of the menu:

Last edited by DarkPlayer; 11-22-2007 at 15:58. Reason: Resize of pictures
iamjosh
Old 11-22-2007 , 20:52   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #2

Looks interesting, how is the map overview for custom maps?
M249-M4A1
I <3 Mac
Old 11-22-2007 , 21:59   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #3

Looks awesome
Old 11-23-2007 , 07:51   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjosh View Post
Looks interesting, how is the map overview for custom maps?
You only need the overview image and the overview text file. At the moment you have to adjust the scale factor manually. We are still searching for a possibility to get the maximal map width/height from the server, so that we can detect the scale factor automaticly. If anybody knows a way to get these information, please tell me.

DarkPlayer

bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 11-24-2007 , 19:02   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #5

That does look interesting indeed. A secondary tool, more indepth if you have the overviews, although i mostly deal with custom maps, so it might not be the greatest right now lol. But it still looks very usefull.
Old 11-24-2007 , 20:50   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #6

Well done. If possible, it would be even more advanced (maybe in a later version/revision), you could get all coordinates of players like you already have and map them to the person's screen in real-time in the map itself while having the option of only seeing overview, too. Granted that is more difficult because then you'd have to check plenty more information such as where the weapon is being aimed, fired, and repercussions of such. I think it would be awesome is some script/dll/application could be run server-side to intercept all data being sent to say a spectator and forward it to a client for in-game perspective as if playing (HLTV essentially but without joining an HLTV ;-)).

But on the work!

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
DarkPlayer
Old 11-26-2007 , 18:18   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #7

Hi,

at first thanks to everybody who is interessted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
That does look interesting indeed. A secondary tool, more indepth if you have the overviews, although i mostly deal with custom maps, so it might not be the greatest right now lol. But it still looks very usefull.
There shouldnt be any problem to get overviews of your custom maps. If the author doesnt provide the picture, you can also create one yourself. There are a lot of tutorials on the net, and you dont even need additional software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Well done. If possible, it would be even more advanced (maybe in a later version/revision), you could get all coordinates of players like you already have and map them to the person's screen in real-time in the map itself while having the option of only seeing overview, too. Granted that is more difficult because then you'd have to check plenty more information such as where the weapon is being aimed, fired, and repercussions of such. I think it would be awesome is some script/dll/application could be run server-side to intercept all data being sent to say a spectator and forward it to a client for in-game perspective as if playing (HLTV essentially but without joining an HLTV ;-)).

But on the work!

Slmclarengt
I'm not sure if something like that would be really possible. At least it would be much more work. This program was designed for administrating a server, not as a replacement for HLTV.

Features planed for the next version:
- Realtime receive chatlog
- Teleport players
- Optimize some calculations

Cya,
DarkPlayer

Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 11-27-2007 , 00:47   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #8

I want a third party HLDS
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 11-27-2007 , 07:38   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #9

There used to be one.
Donor
Old 11-27-2007 , 15:53   Re: CS/CZ Administration Tool
Reply With Quote #10

This is a pretty cool application, great job!
What would be cooler is this application having a bot section that could join an IRC channel and communicate chat from ingame to IRC and vice versa with the added !bot commands, if you can do that then this is definitely an application I would consider using (if I still had a CS server).