Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bad Camper 1.4.239

Post New Thread Reply   

Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 12-31-2005 , 12:33  
Reply With Quote #91

Great work, Brad, the new 1.1 is working well on my server (I had problems with 1.0 - last man camping didnt work).

I have players reporting sometimes attacks from monstermod-monsters, originally bugging another player. No errors in the logs. But this is not really disturbing.

EDIT:
Is it possible to change the monsters, using more functions of the monstermod?
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 13:22  
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl2003
I have players reporting sometimes attacks from monstermod-monsters, originally bugging another player. No errors in the logs. But this is not really disturbing.
The snarks will NOT go after other players. However, if a player happens to run into a snark, or is nearby when it explodes, they will be damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl2003
Is it possible to change the monsters, using more functions of the monstermod?
It's possible but I'm not going to support it.
jsauce
Old 12-31-2005 , 13:34  
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
How very odd. That's one reason why I prefer running things on Windows rather than Linux... Less "WTF?" problems.

If you ever move to a different host, I wouldn't mind if you came back into the fold.

See I'm a huge fan of linux use over windows, but I agree in some cases like running an hlds server its way easier to debug problems when its windows than when its linux. I think the debug logging for the hlds binary in linux is terrible it only dumps memory locations but with no real info. The backtrace provides little info unless I guess you know what you're looking for. It kind of ticks me off too because everyone liked the plugin until it started whacking out on me. I think it started to go bad when I tried to enable the monster mod dll. Even though I had gcc 3 which it was compiled on I didnt have libstdc++.so3 but rather 5 and 6, so I had to symlink just to get it working. But then it only started crashing, I turned off the monster feature but then it just continued to crash and crash.

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 13:37  
Reply With Quote #94

Don't your AMXX logs give you an error? Have you tried running it in debug mode?
jsauce
Old 12-31-2005 , 14:14  
Reply With Quote #95

no errors just crash

The Saucy Blog
Send a message via ICQ to jsauce Send a message via AIM to jsauce Send a message via MSN to jsauce
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 12-31-2005 , 15:45  
Reply With Quote #96

Have you asked your hosting company, after the server crashes, to tell you if they can see what's wrong? They could have a little bit more information.
jsauce
Old 12-31-2005 , 16:09  
Reply With Quote #97

Nah we host it on our own box on theplanet. Nah i debugged it like a dozen times. Its cool.

Can i ask you something I noticed you have for an avatar it looks like picture of myabe your daughter. What I want to know is how do you have it change like that all time. I cant imagine you are manually changing it but everytime it seems likes it changes.

The Saucy Blog
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 02:28  
Reply With Quote #98

Finally I want to switch to your plugin, but the snarkpunishment won't work.
If I try using your posted monstermod-files (due to the filesize it seems to be different ones than I have) I get "badfunction" on loading and when I use the monstermodversion (v3.00.00) I used before (which does work, because the anticamping_monster.amxx I used before is running with snarks) bad_camper doesn't react.
When I choose "badcamper_punish 36" (sound + snarks) the campmeter arises and at 100% nothing further happen - no snarks ;-) and when I just define the snarkpunishment (badcamper_punish 32), even the campmeter doesn't come up.

AMXMODX v1.60, MetaMod v1.18p26, Monstermod v3.00.00 and bad_camper v1.1 are running without error-messages.

Here are my BC-settings

// **** Bad Camper ****
badcamper_punish 36
badcamper_sound 2
badcamper_money 10
badcamper_limit 30
badcamper_display 10
badcamper_check_all 0
badcamper_immunity 0
badcamper_start 5
badcamper_damage_reset 5
badcamper_damage_restart 10
badcamper_health 10
badcamper_allow 0
badcamper_min_players 0
badcamper_announce 3

Any idea?

Cheers,
Curry
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-02-2006 , 08:44  
Reply With Quote #99

The version of MonsterMod (3.01.04) attached to the first post in this thread is an update to Botman's original MonsterMod (3.0) by Bugblatter. The attached plugin uses two commands that were implemented by Bugblatter (thus, they don't exist in 3.0) to perform it's duties. What I'm saying is, you need to use the version in this thread.

Where and when do you get the "badfunction" error? Does it prevent MonsterMod from loading? Is your server on Linux or Windows?
redParadise
Old 01-02-2006 , 11:11  
Reply With Quote #100

The Snore Sound won't work.
I've download the snore.wav and put it in my /gamemod/sounds/misc folder. But when the campmeter reached 100% there is no sound.
In my amxx.cfg badcamper_punish is 12 and badcamper_sound is 1

The Heartbeat Sound works perfectly.