Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 Download This To make Rigging Easier + Advanced Rigging Tutorial And Hexing Tutorial

Post New Thread Reply   

Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2015 , 03:47   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #11

add to your post please:
1) Don't clip bones to bones
2) Use Crowbar for compiling and decompiling
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2015 , 03:48   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #12

And one class have different bones, then other classes
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2015 , 15:55   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
and also change the model path to the default FF2 path and make sure materials path is the same. Should be freak_fortress_2\bossname\ as well as the smd in the screenshots i have
Why..? The model was already packed working

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
WakaFlocka
Old 07-07-2015 , 00:50   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Why..? The model was already packed working
it's better to just use the default FF2 path
Akuba
Old 07-07-2015 , 01:56   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #15

I know servers that have atleast 90% of content that is NOT in the FF2 path and its working fine. I do not think that is necessary. It does not make any difference for me as well (and I made no changes to that system for loading/parsing models).
nope.avi
Old 07-07-2015 , 02:10   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #16

True. FF2 path isn't necessary but some do use it for organization. It's really up to the owner.
Old 07-07-2015 , 02:52   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #17

Well, i remember once i did not use the FF2 path and things broke. Ever since that day i just started using FF2 path for everything, but if it works for you guys then great
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2015 , 00:37   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #18

This is not good advice.
Each model should be ripped each time you start, as the bones change when games update at times, as does the qc files (adding animation includes, attachments, skins, etc).

As for rigging, well, that's a skill you need to practice with whatever program you like to use.
nope.avi
Old 07-11-2015 , 04:49   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
This is not good advice.
Each model should be ripped each time you start, as the bones change when games update at times, as does the qc files (adding animation includes, attachments, skins, etc).
Reminds me of MvM's first arrival to TF2. That one canteen bone....
Old 07-11-2015 , 05:46   Re: Download This To make Rigging Easier + Basic Rigging Tutorial
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
This is not good advice.

As for rigging, well, that's a skill you need to practice with whatever program you like to use.
Well just use the latest with gcfscape lol