El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 12:56   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
PHP Code:
you put VSHA_LoadConfiguration("configs/vsha/saxtonhale.cfg"); in your 
Why not just load anything that happens to be in that folder?

Capital letters in keyvalue files is bad... well, at least if you're writing to them - they won't write capital letters which will break your stuff most likely.
Why not load just anything? Because what if someone creates a KEY with the same name in another file?

What you said about keyvalue and capital letters makes no sense, because it is working atm. Unless you are saying that "values" don't read capital letters.. I have not tested that yet. Everything in the cfg file is only read by the system, and not written to.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 05-25-2015 at 13:00.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 13:04   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
It looks like it wouldn't be too hard, I'll have a go at making all the current VSH bosses, except maybe EB, I never felt he belonged
Alright!

As a request, please use similar boss naming format: vsha-bossname.sp where bossname is the name of the boss subplugin.

If you do happen to create a boss, either post it here and I'll add it to the github, or create a pull request with the new boss.
Old 05-25-2015 , 15:18   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
Alright!

As a request, please use similar boss naming format: vsha-bossname.sp where bossname is the name of the boss subplugin.

If you do happen to create a boss, either post it here and I'll add it to the github, or create a pull request with the new boss.
I've already pretty much got CBS done, I'm just trying to figure out which sound file is used for what scenario, as unlike the others, his is just generically named

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 16:16   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Why not load just anything? Because what if someone creates a KEY with the same name in another file?
Why would that be a problem? You're reading a different file separately.

Last edited by Chdata; 05-25-2015 at 16:16.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 19:13   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #105

A quick reference to the private forwards to each sub-plugin:

https://github.com/War3Evo/VSH-Advanced/wiki

Equip Player is currently handled by the VSHA engine. I will be creating either a global or private forward that will allow sub-plugins to know when they can further modify a person and their equipment.

I'll probably create 2 parts. A EquipPlayer_Pre and a EquipPlayer_Post event. On the Pre-event, allow the sub-plugin to stop VSHA engine from doing modifications to certain players by returning Plugin_Stop;

So there is much more advanced stuff that I plan to add so the bosses can be more flexible.

I also would like to add on to the VHSA engine a way to allow sub-plugins to create "Sub-version of Class Powers".. so that for instance, a Scout can choose from many different "Scout Classes" .. for special setups of scouts and equipment the scout can use.. Maybe have 3 types of each class... And that players could choose a role to pick.. <-- this would be a add-on option that if a server owner wanted to run this they could just add it into their server.

Any special Engine requests or suggestions, please do talk and tell.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 05-25-2015 at 19:25.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2015 , 19:58   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
A quick reference to the private forwards to each sub-plugin:

https://github.com/War3Evo/VSH-Advanced/wiki

Equip Player is currently handled by the VSHA engine. I will be creating either a global or private forward that will allow sub-plugins to know when they can further modify a person and their equipment.

I'll probably create 2 parts. A EquipPlayer_Pre and a EquipPlayer_Post event. On the Pre-event, allow the sub-plugin to stop VSHA engine from doing modifications to certain players by returning Plugin_Stop;

So there is much more advanced stuff that I plan to add so the bosses can be more flexible.

I also would like to add on to the VHSA engine a way to allow sub-plugins to create "Sub-version of Class Powers".. so that for instance, a Scout can choose from many different "Scout Classes" .. for special setups of scouts and equipment the scout can use.. Maybe have 3 types of each class... And that players could choose a role to pick.. <-- this would be a add-on option that if a server owner wanted to run this they could just add it into their server.

Any special Engine requests or suggestions, please do talk and tell.
This looks like it's gonna be progressing very well, and may eventually trump FF2, and then maybe VSH

These forwards so far look like you've essentially invented your own language

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2015 , 00:08   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #107

Updated the code.

I have have added a Global Private Forward function internally inside of VSHA, so that developers will be able to create Non-Boss based addons for VSHA by registering their plugin for the global forwards if needed.

I am debating on making it more specific, as having a way to register only the forwards you actually need from VSHA to help enhance performance of the plugins. Currently it is setup to just be global for specific forwards. I'll have more details latter as I add more global forward functions for non-boss addons.

vsha-OnEquipPlayer-example.smx is an example of how to use this new private global forward for VSHA_OnEquipPlayer_Pre().

For "public Action VSHA_OnEquipPlayer_Pre()" if you return Plugin_Stop, then there will be no VSHA_OnEquipPlayer_Post() for the other plugins. if you return Plugin_Changed, then there will be no default setup and there still will be a VSHA_OnEquipPlayer_Post() for other plugins.
Old 05-27-2015 , 01:56   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #108

CBS has been made, but I'm too lazy to figure out what his sound files go to what

Vagineer was much simpler since he only needed uber added, and his sound files were not named generically like CBS

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 05-27-2015 at 01:57.
nope.avi
Old 05-27-2015 , 02:01   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #109

Someone had made a program which is essentially a GUI for FF2 boss configs. Perhaps one could recreate a version which makes it into a plugin?
Also, what do you plan on naming this version? Freak Fortress 3?
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2015 , 03:42   Re: Introducing VSH Advanced
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
CBS has been made, but I'm too lazy to figure out what his sound files go to what

Vagineer was much simpler since he only needed uber added, and his sound files were not named generically like CBS
I've updated the sounds for CBS.

I'll bring your pull request later tonight, and test it out.

CBS has been tested and works fine now.