Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 10-21-2011 , 19:54   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #641

Never stopped for me, I think you have Gremlins.

The only thing I have noticed is that other peoples quake sounds can be heard very slightly in the background, almost like a whisper, very strange, strange, not strange in a scary way, more like strange strange, in a strange kind of way. Not the strange weird way. Just strange.

It's really quite strange

Last edited by sinblaster; 10-21-2011 at 19:58.
Bloodlvst
Old 10-21-2011 , 19:55   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinblaster View Post
Never stopped for me, I think you have Gremlins.
Hahahaha!
Rubadubnub
Old 10-26-2011 , 17:15   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #643

I have no problem with the plugin but I am trying to make it so I can add my OWN sounds in place of the stock sounds that happen per each trigger. So instead of having the stock HEADSHOT sound I would like a new fun sound. Now here is my issue. I have sounds and know how to edit the quakesoundslist.cfg BUT I dont know how to force the clients to download the new sounds when they join my server. Can anyone explain how I force the client to redownload the sounds? Thank you!
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 10-26-2011 , 17:20   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #644

You shouldnt have to force the clients to download them, they will be downloaded according to the cfg. Just make sure you name the new sounds something different (headshot / change to headshot2) or the server will assume the client already has the sounds.

Sounds should be in the following format (proffered)
44100 Hz
16bit
stereo

Last edited by sinblaster; 10-26-2011 at 17:21.
davidov
Old 10-27-2011 , 06:15   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubadubnub View Post
I have no problem with the plugin but I am trying to make it so I can add my OWN sounds in place of the stock sounds that happen per each trigger. So instead of having the stock HEADSHOT sound I would like a new fun sound. Now here is my issue. I have sounds and know how to edit the quakesoundslist.cfg BUT I dont know how to force the clients to download the new sounds when they join my server. Can anyone explain how I force the client to redownload the sounds? Thank you!
Server won't be able to upload new sounds to a client who has set his cl_downloadfilter to "nosounds" or has cl_allowdownload "0" ; otherwise he will automaticaly dowload new sounds...
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 10-27-2011 , 06:51   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #646

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidov View Post
Server won't be able to upload new sounds to a client who has set his cl_downloadfilter to "nosounds" or has cl_allowdownload "0" ; otherwise he will automaticaly dowload new sounds...

He asked

Quote:
Can anyone explain how I force the client to redownload the sounds?
rename them /end

Rubadubnub
Old 11-01-2011 , 20:37   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #647

Ok wow thanks and I will give it a try and report back. So as long as I have the NEW sounds in the QUAKE sounds folder and have added them into the quakesoundslist.cfg I should be good?
Bloodlvst
Old 11-01-2011 , 20:52   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubadubnub View Post
Ok wow thanks and I will give it a try and report back. So as long as I have the NEW sounds in the QUAKE sounds folder and have added them into the quakesoundslist.cfg I should be good?
Yes just make sure they're named something different than the default sounds that 99% of players will already have
Rubadubnub
Old 11-03-2011 , 18:27   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #649

Okay, after many attempts I have to say No it does not work. here is what I did. I added some sounds to the QUAKE sounds folder in my server, then edited the quakesoundslist.cfg to call for the custom sound per event, IE. I added a cool boomheadshot.mp3, named it headshot1.mp3 and edited the cfg to call the sound for a headshot. I also added a new sound for FIRSTBLOOD, called it victory.mp3 and edited the cfg as well. I restarted server, not just a map change, and joind the server. I could see new sounds being downloaded but when firstblood was triggered i hear nothing as well as when there is a head shot. Any ideas? TY
sinblaster
Grim Reaper
Old 11-03-2011 , 18:55   Re: quake sounds [Revamped] (Version 2.7.5 / Updated July 18, 2009)
Reply With Quote #650

post or pm your cfg's
And a list of the sound names you are using.