12% 

[ALL] Fixed basetriggers.smx

Post New Thread Reply   

Adjo
Old 09-15-2013 , 08:33   Re: [ALL] Fixed basetriggers.smx
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
How do you use overrides to override 'ff'? I am nowhere near a position to test it now, but it seems that you wouldn't be able to? The "command" is created by adding command listeners to "say" and the like, and then checking if the ArgString == "ff". Do overrides work for "commands" created in this way?

To clarify, "ff" is NOT created with RegAdminCmd nor is it created with RegConsoleCmd. The plugin listens for "say" and related commands, and then checks what was "said."

Also, please do not confuse "say ff" with sm_ff. One is provided by basetriggers, the other is... I don't know, but it's a separate thing entirely.

The (latest) release basetriggers.sp doesn't add any command listeners anymore it seems, and registers a console command for 'ff'.

Edit: I didn't really look at the plugin much when I wrote the above... I noticed it didn't have AddCommandListener (which all the previous releases I've looked at have had) and wrongly assumed it was just all handled via RegConsoleCmd.

It would probably be possible to override the RegConsoleCmd, or change it to RegAdminCmd, but since the same stuff is in the OnClientSayCommand_Post() call (so the commands may be used without ! or /) I think it would still be possible for people to spam the commands... which was the persons original issue.

-----

Also, the author of the original topics complaint was people were able to spam the chat with /ff, if making the /ff command admin only on this plugin is this authors solution to this, then he may also want to do the same for nextmap and timelimit - as they both can cause the same thing (chat spam, which one person originally had an issue with)... which, in the end, would render the basetriggers plugin rather pointless (or well, this 'release' of it), since the commands are meant for public use, I'd imagine.

Last edited by Adjo; 09-15-2013 at 10:26. Reason: fix.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2013 , 11:03   Re: [ALL] Fixed basetriggers.smx
Reply With Quote #12

http://forlix.org/gameaddons/floodcheck.shtml
Suggest you get this. Not only does it filter connection spam, bad names/unconnected player exploits, but this one too...