Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.5 - 19/12/2017)

Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-12-2017 , 06:23   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Ok. Is there a reason why you set iCamRef[iClient] = -1; in the death calllback events,
but not in the Hook_OnPostThinkPost were you're also killing the point_viewcontrol_survivor entity?
Just a habit, I prefer to invalid the arrays on deaths ect.
Like a clean slate but remove it if you want to.

Commission me for L4D
RandomPerson
Old 07-12-2017 , 19:12   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #32

Excuse my lack of knowledge as this may be a stupid question.

I was wondering would it be possible to have first person deaths such as the camera being attached to a dead body, preferably ragdoll survivors like I use.

I was playing around in spectator mode and thought how would the game look from a body and decided to move my camera through a head and look as if I were seeing out of it's eyes.

The view was pretty amazing seeing combat around and being laid out on the ground, I have 2 pictures as an example here.

http://imgur.com/a/VClxf
Xanaguy
Old 07-12-2017 , 20:26   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #33

These updates are what's keeping me playing. Lol. I've noticed one thing that I will need clarification on.

- The camera sometimes triggers for downed survivors being revived.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2017 , 15:16   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanaguy View Post
These updates are what's keeping me playing. Lol. I've noticed one thing that I will need clarification on.

- The camera sometimes triggers for downed survivors being revived.
Yes that can happen at times, because camera is used based on what the game's
Entity properties return

Commission me for L4D
theproperson
Old 07-15-2017 , 14:48   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson View Post

I was wondering would it be possible to have first person deaths such as the camera being attached to a dead body, preferably ragdoll survivors like I use.

I was playing around in spectator mode and thought how would the game look from a body and decided to move my camera through a head and look as if I were seeing out of it's eyes.

The view was pretty amazing seeing combat around and being laid out on the ground, I have 2 pictures as an example here.

Dose any know if its possible, or if there's a way I could implement it myself?
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2017 , 16:57   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson View Post

Sorry i overlooked your comment mb

Ragdoll deaths no it's not something that can be done on non-serverside ragdolls, unless it's a server side ragdoll the problem with them is they are expensive to run and eat server bandwidth.

I could do the death cam but do we have it stay there until revived or until we get defibbed or after 5secs we go back to normal specing?

I can do server side ragdolls with the camera let me know and ill see what i can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproperson View Post
Dose any know if its possible, or if there's a way I could implement it myself?
Learn sourcepawn if you would like to do it your self.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 07-15-2017 at 17:07.
theproperson
Old 07-15-2017 , 20:39   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Sorry i overlooked your comment mb

Ragdoll deaths no it's not something that can be done on non-serverside ragdolls, unless it's a server side ragdoll the problem with them is they are expensive to run and eat server bandwidth.

I could do the death cam but do we have it stay there until revived or until we get defibbed or after 5secs we go back to normal specing?

I can do server side ragdolls with the camera let me know and ill see what i can do.

Learn sourcepawn if you would like to do it your self.
I would vote for the least resource eating even if it means a lower quality or time.

Best example I can come up with for what I really wanted to see and felt would make this plugin feel like the most realistic game changer is the way your screen is in call of duty campaign if you die (kind of like your laying on the floor and blurred vision but we don't need that blur.)

But since it would be through the view of a ragdoll the camera would move with the body. Thank you lux for all the work and consideration you've been doing, I feel this plugin has really made left 4 dead 2 into a whole new entertaining game and experience.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2017 , 10:19   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
I would vote for the least resource eating even if it means a lower quality or time.

Best example I can come up with for what I really wanted to see and felt would make this plugin feel like the most realistic game changer is the way your screen is in call of duty campaign if you die (kind of like your laying on the floor and blurred vision but we don't need that blur.)

But since it would be through the view of a ragdoll the camera would move with the body. Thank you lux for all the work and consideration you've been doing, I feel this plugin has really made left 4 dead 2 into a whole new entertaining game and experience.
I'm not sure how to go about it attaching the camera on the deathmodel, because detecting it OnPlayerDeath event is inconsistent, which is why i create my own deathmodel with LMC, i'm unsure if i want to go down the road of damage prediction because otherplugins may change the damage and more than one death in the same frame could mess stuff up

However, i could make it LMC only feature still unsure as of now.

Commission me for L4D
theproperson
Old 08-09-2017 , 14:59   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
I'm not sure how to go about it attaching the camera on the deathmodel, because detecting it OnPlayerDeath event is inconsistent, which is why i create my own deathmodel with LMC, i'm unsure if i want to go down the road of damage prediction because otherplugins may change the damage and more than one death in the same frame could mess stuff up

However, i could make it LMC only feature still unsure as of now.
I see, seeming as that seems like a lot of work I don't think you should put all that extra time and effort into it Lux. Maybe instead first person view for infected? im sure that could be a lot more fun
and worthwhile as opposed to death cams. Maybe now the rare blur screen infected get from being
shoved would have more screen time since your always knocked into 3rd person cam and nearly
never see it.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2017 , 16:02   Re: [L4D2]ThirdPerson_To_POV (1.3.1 - 27/6/2017)
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
I see, seeming as that seems like a lot of work I don't think you should put all that extra time and effort into it Lux. Maybe instead first person view for infected? im sure that could be a lot more fun
and worthwhile as opposed to death cams. Maybe now the rare blur screen infected get from being
shoved would have more screen time since your always knocked into 3rd person cam and nearly
never see it.
If i do death cams, it would require LMC to be installed because that manages the deathmodels.

With infected they have no attachpoint for the head i think, atleast not all of them do.
I would need to attach another model to them and use the attachpoints from that.
It's not very practical, too many models will crash clients.

Commission me for L4D