Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Combining effects of show_dhudmessage and CreateHudSyncObj

Post New Thread Reply   

Hammerfallerz
Old 04-30-2015 , 20:15   Combining effects of show_dhudmessage and CreateHudSyncObj
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.

I'm quite new to this and my skills are rather limited and I'd like some help in editing default miscstats to my liking. Maybe someone will like this idea as well, who knows.

Now, by default when plugin is displaying multikill message along with amount of headshots (not the one that just shows your current killstreak, don't confuse those two!), the message is displayed in a way like letters are at first kinda white, but then gradually are getting filled with the desired color (red, in my case).

I assume it's done thanks to ShowSyncHudMsg
Code:
ShowSyncHudMsg(0, g_left_sync, g_MultiKillMsg[a], name, LANG_PLAYER, "WITH", g_multiKills[id][0], LANG_PLAYER, "KILLS", g_multiKills[id][1], LANG_PLAYER, "HS")
Where g_left_sync is previously declared as g_left_sync = CreateHudSyncObj()
From what I understand from here, it just overlaps the same message numerous times.

Now, I also really like director's hud. It's a lot bigger and looks quite badass. But I can't get this "overlapping" effect to happen on show_dhudmessage, even though I've been digging through amxmodx.inc for a whole hour now.

Does anyone knows how can I basically make message to appear using a director's hud, but with an overlapping color effect from showsynchudmsg?
NiHiLaNTh
Way Past Expiration
Old 05-01-2015 , 03:39   Re: Combining effects of show_dhudmessage and CreateHudSyncObj
Reply With Quote #2

Director HUD messages are stack-based. That means, every new message will use next free channel (8 channels max), than it starts from the beginning.

Send a message via Skype™ to NiHiLaNTh
Hammerfallerz
Old 05-01-2015 , 04:57   Re: Combining effects of show_dhudmessage and CreateHudSyncObj
Reply With Quote #3

So how do I get the effect I've described before? Print the same message 8 times, but with different RGB in each message?