Reinstalling from scratch

Post New Thread Reply   

Bloodlvst
Old 11-01-2011 , 16:30   Re: Reinstalling from scratch
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
TY Blood.

By the way, is there a thread or poll with gameserver providers? I really hate mine lol. So far I've heard artofwar is a good one and for good price. Gameservers.com is without say not very good.

I can google all day, but i figure this community would share my needs the most.
Nuclear Fallout is by far the best GSP. They might cost alittle more, but totally worth it IMO
Larsen
Old 11-01-2011 , 17:28   Re: Reinstalling from scratch
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlvst View Post
Nuclear Fallout is by far the best GSP. They might cost alittle more, but totally worth it IMO
This one?

Or this?

Bloodlvst
Old 11-01-2011 , 18:28   Re: Reinstalling from scratch
Reply With Quote #13

They're both the same.

nuclearfallout.net is the gaming community that they started from.

To actually rent servers you'd use nfoservsers.com
Larsen
Old 11-09-2011 , 21:41   Re: Reinstalling from scratch
Reply With Quote #14

Does anyone know if discountgameservers.com lets you define startup command lines?

ALSO, how different is it go from admining a linux server to a windows one? Just found out we might be switching hosts and they don't offer linux. I need to know exactly files I need to change and if our configs will be ok.

Last edited by Larsen; 11-10-2011 at 02:10.
Larsen
Old 01-13-2012 , 03:13   Re: Reinstalling from scratch
Reply With Quote #15

Just wanted to update everyone, NFO's been great so far. They're doing rerouting on the INTERnap in Chicago right now actually to combat DDOSing on the BF3 guys last week, which I think is pretty sweet. The server itself has been running great (any problems thus far were merely the result of inexperienced guys using an unmanaged VDS for the first time). So, I appreciate everyone's input into the matter. We were able to switch hosts, save about $16 a month, get more options for more servers, and get the best-rated [by you] server host going immediately. No funny stuff, great 2 day trial period. All in the open and clear. I think they're great for vet server ops and newbies alike.

------------

I do however have a problem with my srcds installation. My IP's are crossing on Steam:

So one of my VDS' IP's is covering up the other ones on Steam. We got three DODS servers, and the first two IP's work fine. When I put the third one up, and someone joins that IP, but then leaves and joins the first IP, if you click on his/her name on Steam friends and look at 'game info' it still displays the third server's IP and info.

It appears something is wrong with my srcds installation. Granted I don't remember, but I'm sure I built this one off of an amalgam of the first two server's pieces, so something must be covering itself up or overshadowing or replicating the first server's IP.

Anyone ever hear of this before? Is there a cfg or text file I need to fix? A file perhaps pinging Steam listen servers that I copied from the first srcds' installation?

Last edited by Larsen; 01-13-2012 at 03:28.