Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3

Post New Thread Reply   

NiHiLaNTh
Way Past Expiration
Old 11-19-2016 , 05:27   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #11

From all these natives I can onl agree with the one which is forcing round to end. All others do not make any sense, sorry.

Send a message via Skype™ to NiHiLaNTh
Mistrick
Old 11-19-2016 , 06:11   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #12

Need more powerful programming language than more new natives/forwards.

Last edited by Mistrick; 11-19-2016 at 06:13.
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2016 , 11:38   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHiLaNTh View Post
From all these natives I can onl agree with the one which is forcing round to end. All others do not make any sense, sorry.
Now that we came to this i will explain why i asked for each of them

1. I am working on a complex zombie mod addon written from scratch, consisting of many plugins, in which i need to work with the player's speed in about half of them, hooking Ham to reset it in every plugin makes it annoying, also creating an API for such a simple thing it's again very annoying

2. I also need to switch the team of the players often, and it is again really annoying to change the player's model after each team change, besides making the engine changing the model of a player twice rather than not, would be more efficient

3/4. I want to work on more mods, not only the zombie plague one, where i would like to get in the game 20-30 new weapon models, now imagine that in one ham hook, it gets very confusing, and if it were to use one plugin for each weapon, then i will need natives to check if user is having a custom weapon, in case i want to create two new weapons on the base of the same cs weapon in order to avoid the player having two weapons in one...

5. No need for an explanation here, we've been getting annoying for a long time by not being able to do this in a proper manner...

6. I find the actual functions that allows the programmer to block a player from spawning incomplete, since they will not work in any situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistrick View Post
Need more powerful programming language than more new natives/forwards.
Define powerful

Last edited by Depresie; 11-19-2016 at 11:41.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 11-19-2016 , 12:46   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Why invent the car when we have horses?
When you compare the car with the horses you talk about efficiency, which is obviously increased. You can't say it's the same thing as adding or not adding a native that does what you want. It's trivial and there no good reason(apart of you being lazy to do something and creating excuses) to do it.

Quote:
also creating an API for such a simple thing it's again very annoying
Also true from AMXX point of view.

Quote:
3/4. I want to work on more mods, not only the zombie plague one, where i would like to get in the game 20-30 new weapon models, now imagine that in one ham hook, it gets very confusing, and if it were to use one plugin for each weapon, then i will need natives to check if user is having a custom weapon, in case i want to create two new weapons on the base of the same cs weapon in order to avoid the player having two weapons in one...
If you get lost in your own code(it happens) then just use comments to know what everything does. CS default behaviour is to update the model on each deploy. It's coder's job to break or keep the behaviour. And again, we are not talking about complex code, we are talking about a simple hook. An API should give control over something that's hard to get without, not to be an "auto-pilot" for lazy people.

About 5, since gamedata natives were added you could just alter the offsets from CGameRules and trigger round end.
Old 12-09-2016, 00:45
jackseason
This message has been deleted by Arkshine. Reason: Spambot
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2017 , 11:09   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #15

Any chance on getting the cs_set_user_maxspeed native ? and any time soon ? =/
Old 01-09-2017 , 12:42   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #16

Didn't read the whole thread
if you're too lazy to do the speed set properly in each plugin, just write your own API for this job and include it in your plugins

amxmodx will never have functions like these, this is a commodity not a necessity

also regarding the analogy above with horses and cars, like ham said, it's not horse versus car, it's just more horses on the same chariot

here's what cars look like
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/pull/380
https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/pull/379

You also made all of these cstrike functions, why? There is nothing cstrike specific here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHiLaNTh View Post
From all these natives I can onl agree with the one which is forcing round to end
+
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.

Last edited by aron9forever; 01-09-2017 at 12:46.
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2017 , 13:09   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #17

You cannot set the player's speed properly in each plugin, because it will mess up, you must make an API, a 5 line f#cking API for this s#it..

Why? BECAUSE THERE IS NO RELIABLE WAY TO SET A PLAYER'S SPEED RIGHT NOW IN THE WHOLE AMX PACKAGE OTHER THAN CREATING A F#CKING 5 LINE API

Quote:
amxmodx will never have functions like these, this is a commodity not a necessity
Have fun scripting in metamod

Last edited by Depresie; 01-09-2017 at 13:15.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-09-2017 , 15:24   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #18

Setting speed isn't game-independent, different mods set speed differently (mostly at different events) I believe, so it can't be put into amxmodx core.
For Counter-Strike, hooking CBasePlayer::ResetMaxSpeed and setting speed in there (by using a multiplier) is the safest and shortest method probably, and it takes like 1 minute to write.
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2017 , 15:41   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #19

Until i use it in two different plugins, on the the same player, then shit hits the fan..
It can't be put into amxmodx core, but i can be put in the cstrike module ( as suggested )

Could also have drop/strip natives instead of using stocks all the time as well, but i guess stocks are fine for now, since there may be more important things to do

Last edited by Depresie; 01-09-2017 at 15:43.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-09-2017 , 20:09   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
Until i use it in two different plugins, on the the same player, then shit hits the fan..
Having a native to do it doesn't prevent race conditions like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
Could also have drop/strip natives instead of using stocks all the time as well, but i guess stocks are fine for now, since there may be more important things to do
Not all stocks should be converted to natives. If you think all your stocks should be natives for efficiency then maybe you should expect everyone to write MetaMod plugins and ditch AMX Mod X entirely.