Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] TF2 Sniper Charge Rework

Post New Thread Reply   

ScrapEngineer
Old 05-23-2020 , 22:04   [REQ] TF2 Sniper Charge Rework
Reply With Quote #1

Howdy folks, it's been a long time since I've been here so I'm sorry if I accidentally somehow break any rules or I managed to misclick and I'm asking in the wrong place, but I wanted to ask if someone may be able to do something which I don't think has been requested before.

I was wondering if someone could be so wonderful as to create a plugin which tweaks the way the Sniper's damage charge mechanics work, since I don't know the first thing about coding.

To be more specific, this is what I have in mind:

Sniper's damage charge is no longer dependant on how long he aims down the scope, instead it depends on aiming at an enemy.
Say, if a Sniper were to aim at an enemy's chest that was standing still, after a configurable amount of time the Sniper would reach full charge, it would be nice if the damage scale could be configured from each end too.

As an addition to this, I would also like to see a change to headshots, where aiming at an enemy's head wouldn't deal a critical hit, instead keeping your aim on their head would make it so that the charge goes faster, but it could also have the downside of somehow indicating to the enemy that a Sniper was aiming at them, say a sort of light beam sprite from the Sniper's rough location that could only be seen from his target when his head's at risk of getting blown off.

Again, I'm sorry if I've broken any rules or missed anything, but I hope a good coder out there takes this into consideration, thanks.