Help Me With Hud For Spectator

Post New Thread Reply   

thEsp
BANNED
Old 05-20-2020 , 16:47   Re: Help Me With Hud For Spectator
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
I mentioned both things in my first comment, so please don't manipulate my words. Like I said - this has been discussed multiple times, feel free to search why it is better.

From what I can see, you used the exact same words a while ago:
I did words manipulation? Can you point out where exactly?
Quote:
Using natives is faster.
Quote:
Better and faster machines doesn't mean we should use bad scripting practices.
You clearly surfed from an argument to another one. While little did I knew how the native worked back then, I now know one thing: both ways are fine. Do I have to repeat my words, if somehow you didn't get my point? This time I didn't say either way is better or worse. If you want to check for certain flags without having messy code, sure, do it with get_players native, but for something rather inexpensive and pointless to bother about, choose your own. I am 100% sure the OP found his acquired code to be working all fine, even without your (and my) comment. Speaking of comments, making "just-to-exist" comments which are oftentimes neglecting is not something a wise man would do.
Arje
Old 06-03-2020 , 17:29   Re: Help Me With Hud For Spectator
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe Iggy View Post
If the first parameter of ShowSyncHudMsg is 0 it will show to all players.

Loop through all players and check if they're spectator with cs_get_user_team()

Code:
public show() {     if(!c4pl)     {         remove_task(652450)         return     }     if(c4cd>=0.0)     {         temp=c4cd/c4max         if(temp>=0.5)         {             r=510*(1.0-temp)             g=255.0         }         if(temp<0.5)         {             r=255.0             g=510*temp         }             for(new i = 1; i <= get_maxplayers();i++)     {         if(is_user_connected(i) && cs_get_user_team(i) == CS_TEAM_SPECTATOR)         {             set_hudmessage(floatround(r),floatround(g),0,-1.0,0.80,0,_,1.0,_,_,4)             ShowSyncHudMsg(i,msg,"Anda a Defusear la bomba!!! Faltan %d segundos antes de que explote.",floatround(c4cd))         }     }     c4cd-=1.0 }

Untested
Hi! I have another question, because the hud is still in the next round if there is mp_freezetime? and how could that be arranged?
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-03-2020 , 21:20   Re: Help Me With Hud For Spectator
Reply With Quote #13

@op
PHP Code:
//Try
register_event("HLTV""nr""a""1=0""2=0")  //Fired at new round, before freeze-time start
//instead of
register_logevent("nr",2,"1=Round_Start"//Fired at the end of freeze time (your current code) 
I'd personally go with get_players() because it does the work for you with less code/native calls.

There is theoretically nothing wrong with the code and I know it isn't going to make someones CPU blow smoke, there's just a few things can be improved to be more ideal.
  • get_maxplayers() will be called 32 times per execution; at a minimum, the get_maxplayers() value should be stored in a variable instead of being placed within the for-loop condition block.
  • The loop will iterate max_players/32 times, every time, instead of only a handful of times for those in spectator.
PHP Code:
    for(new 1<= get_maxplayers();i++)
    {
        if(
is_user_connected(i) && cs_get_user_team(i) == CS_TEAM_SPECTATOR)
        {

}
    } 
vs.
PHP Code:
    new iPlayers32 ] , iNum;

get_playersiPlayers iNum "e" "SPECTATOR" );

for ( new 
iNum i++ )
    {

} 

Last edited by Bugsy; 06-03-2020 at 21:29.