Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Plugins not loading

Post New Thread Reply   

Hoxton
Old 07-31-2020 , 04:39   Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I'm kinda new to this and I tried to search for posts describing my problem, but I couldn't find it...

Basically, my idea is to run a Sven Co-op listen server for me and two of my friends, running Afraid of Monsters DC, I'll play as David Leatherhoff and try to scare them using plug-ins, cheats and those sort of things and stream it, being inspired by Cocyx and Spike and Barley.

The thing is, I aleready installed metamod-p and Amx mod X latest versions, both are running fine and loading, but it seems that amxx refuses to load plugins, it can even load modules when enabling them in modules.ini, but not with the plugins.

Not even the default plugins are loading, and I tried with 3rd parties too...

Thanks for the help in advance!
DvorakKeys
Old 07-31-2020 , 09:22   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #2

I'm confused -- you said that amxmodx is "running fine and loading", but that "not even the default plugins are loading." Can you run amx_help in the console?

Last edited by DvorakKeys; 07-31-2020 at 09:24.
Hoxton
Old 07-31-2020 , 10:26   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvorakKeys View Post
I'm confused -- you said that amxmodx is "running fine and loading", but that "not even the default plugins are loading." Can you run amx_help in the console?
"amx_help" shows up as unknown command.
What i meant is that metamod-p is loading amxx, but amxx is NOT loading the plugins in it's plugins directory
DvorakKeys
Old 07-31-2020 , 12:43   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxton View Post
"amx_help" shows up as unknown command.
What i meant is that metamod-p is loading amxx, but amxx is NOT loading the plugins in it's plugins directory
Gotcha. I would argue that metamod-p is not loading amxmodx.

Did you follow all the steps here under Configure? https://wiki.alliedmods.net/index.ph...Mod_X_Manually

A few times I've had to add this to get metamod to load. Usually only for mods like svencoop though. Try adding this to your command line when you run hlds_run: -dll valve/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.so
Hoxton
Old 07-31-2020 , 13:37   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvorakKeys View Post
Gotcha. I would argue that metamod-p is not loading amxmodx.

Did you follow all the steps here under Configure? https://wiki.alliedmods.net/index.ph...Mod_X_Manually

A few times I've had to add this to get metamod to load. Usually only for mods like svencoop though. Try adding this to your command line when you run hlds_run: -dll valve/addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.so
Yes, I followed those steps
Isn't "hlds_run" the dedicated server? I'm running a listen server, tried to add that dll to liblist.gam, but to no avail

I know I should have posted this before, but here's a screenshot of my console screen, after typing "meta list" and "amxx plugins", as you can see, meta mod is loaded and so is amxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMXX PROBLEM.jpg (62.3 KB, 124 views)
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2020 , 01:48   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #6

Have you tried the version of MetaMod recommended on the AMX Mod X official download page?
Old 08-01-2020 , 02:14   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Have you tried the version of MetaMod recommended on the AMX Mod X official download page?
Haven't tried that because Sven Coop developers staded that they only support Metamod-p, but I'll give It a shot
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2020 , 02:30   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxton View Post
Haven't tried that because Sven Coop developers staded that they only support Metamod-p, but I'll give It a shot
Ah. I don't play that game and never have so I wouldn't have known that.
Old 08-01-2020 , 02:57   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Turns out that it crashed instantly, any suggestion?
Hoxton
Old 08-01-2020 , 03:57   Re: Plugins not loading
Reply With Quote #10

Okay, so here's the thing, as i learned in my very short adventures as a programmer, the errors are always the most simple things, I had a wrong .dll loading in my liblist.gam, called "server.dll" which is default for the vanilla game.
So yeah, i figured it all, but thanks for trying to help, guys! Love how you keep this community alive and strong!