Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Modelling:need advice: combine models's head with body of other model

Post New Thread Reply   

elle
Old 02-28-2012 , 07:08   Modelling:need advice: combine models's head with body of other model
Reply With Quote #1

hi,
I want to combine SUNOL-gign’s head with Amazon girl-leet.mdl’s body
(these model are in “model –original” folder of 7z file ,which you can download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?cwh658ap09r3f37 ( 3.26 MB)
but when compile ,it encounter errors and exit ,so please make a view from it and explain me why
this is what I did :
step 1 : save Amazon girl-leet.mdl ‘s body without head:
I open Amazon girl-leet‘s body and select all part of her head (but her body will remain ),and hit delete and I export her body to 423068449.smd(you can find it in “smd-edited” folder of 7z file)

Step 2: move sunol’s head to the correct postion ,and edit qc file

I copy CT_Girl_Head.smd (which I have decompile sunol.mdl and got it ) into the same folder with Amazon girl-leet.mdl

Then I open CT_Girl_Head.smd and 423068449.smd with milkshape 3d and move sunol’s head to the correct position ,then delete the body (only keep the head) ,and save it (you can find this smd in “smd-edited“ folder of 7z file, I renamed it to Head-sunol.smd)

I edit qc file ,add Head-sunol.smd to qc but it errors ,
so I try to combine these 2 smds (head of sunol with 423068449.smd (the body with no head))-into one (which is 3333.smd in the compile folder) and edit qc file ,but it still can’t compile

I have done this work successfully in combine sunol ‘s head with other models which head and body are the separate smd , (this mean with this model , I only move sunol’s head to correct position with body of the model by milkshape 3d and save sunol’s head.smd ,then edit qc file (replace the model ‘s head smd name by sunol’s head.smd in qc file)

But It ‘s error when I do with model which head are attached with body in one smd (this Amazon girl-leet.mdl’s ) ,so I guess the error caused by the process : “ selecting Amazon girl-leet.mdl’s head and delete it,then save her body (without head)”

If you know ,please tell me how to solve this
thanks so much