Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[INC] SQLVault

Post New Thread Reply   

Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2012 , 14:12   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #81

So if you have STEAM_0:1:2345 and IP 12.34.56.78 with data, but then join with same Steam ID on a different IP such as 87.65.43.21, then you won't load that data?
I love you exolent!
EpicMonkey
buttmonkey
Old 05-10-2012 , 15:07   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
So if you have STEAM_0:1:2345 and IP 12.34.56.78 with data, but then join with same Steam ID on a different IP such as 87.65.43.21, then you won't load that data?
yeah , or if you join with diff STEAM ID on the same ip , it wont load that data
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-10-2012 , 15:40   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicMonkey View Post
yeah , or if you join with diff STEAM ID on the same ip , it wont load that data
Then yes, use the example you showed with random data.
I love you exolent!
EpicMonkey
buttmonkey
Old 05-12-2012 , 10:06   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Then yes, use the example you showed with random data.
aww man ..... , ive been thinking this upside down ....

What i actually want it to know if :

1.I save their ip address and steam id
2.When they connect with same ip and diff steam , his data will get loaded or if they connect with diff ip and steam id , his data will still get loaded.

I know it can be done this way
PHP Code:
public Save(id)
{
    new 
szAuthID[33], szIP[33];

get_user_authid(idszAuthIDcharsmax(szAuthID)

get_user_ip(idszIPcharsmax(szIP))

sqlv_pset_num_ex(g_hVaultszAuthID"Random1"g_randomdata1[id])

sqlv_pset_num_ex(g_hVaultszIP"Random2"g_randomdata2[id])
}

public 
Load(id)
{

new 
szAuthID[33], szIP[33];

get_user_authid(idszAuthIDcharsmax(szAuthID)

get_user_ip(idszIPcharsmax(szIP))

g_randomdata1[id] = sqlv_get_num_ex(g_hVaultszAuthID"Random1")

g_randomdata2[id] = sqlv_get_num_ex(g_hVaultszIP"Random2")

Is there a better way to do it?

Last edited by EpicMonkey; 05-12-2012 at 10:08.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2012 , 14:07   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #85

Code:
Save(id) {     new keys[2][35];     get_user_authid(id, keys[0], charsmax(keys[]));     get_user_ip(id, keys[1], charsmax(keys[]));         sqlv_connect(gVault);         for(new i = 0; i < sizeof(keys); i++) {         sqlv_set_num_ex(gVault, keys[i], "some_data1", gSomeData1[id]);         sqlv_set_num_ex(gVault, keys[i], "some_data2", gSomeData2[id]);     }         sqlv_disconnect(gVault); } Load(id) {     new steamID[35], ip[32];     get_user_authid(id, steamID, charsmax(steamID));     get_user_ip(id, ip, charsmax(ip), 1);         sqlv_connect(gVault);         gSomeData1[id] = _get_num(steamID, ip, "some_data1");     gSomeData2[id] = _get_num(steamID, ip, "some_data2");         sqlv_disconnect(gVault); } _get_num(steamID[], ip[], key2[]) {     if(sqlv_key_exists_ex(gVault, steamID, key2)) {         return sqlv_get_num_ex(gVault, steamID, key2);     }     if(sqlv_key_exists_ex(gVault, ip, key2)) {         return sqlv_get_num_ex(gVault, ip, key2);     }     return 0; }
I love you exolent!

Last edited by Exolent[jNr]; 05-12-2012 at 16:17.
EpicMonkey
buttmonkey
Old 05-12-2012 , 15:22   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Code:
Save(id) {     new keys[2][35];     get_user_authid(id, keys[0], charsmax(keys[]));     get_user_ip(id, keys[1], charsmax(keys[]));         sqlv_connect(gVault);         for(new i = 0; i < sizeof(keys); i++) {         sqlv_set_num_ex(gVault, keys[i], "some_data1", gSomeData1[id]);         sqlv_set_num_ex(gVault, keys[i], "some_data2", gSomeData2[id]);     }         sqlv_disconnect(gVault); } Load(id) {     new steamID[35], ip[32];     get_user_authid(id, steamID, charsmax(steamID));     get_user_ip(id, ip, charsmax(ip), 1);         sqlv_connect(gVault);         gSomeData1[id] = _get_num(steamID, ip, "some_data1");     gSomeData2[id] = _get_num(steamID, ip, "some_data2");         sqlv_disconnect(gVault); } _get_num(const steamID[], const ip[], const key2[]) {     if(sqlv_key_exists_ex(gVault, steamID, key2)) {         return sqlv_get_num_ex(gVault, steamID, key2);     }     if(sqlv_key_exists_ex(gVault, ip, key2)) {         return sqlv_get_num_ex(gVault, ip, key2);     }     return 0; }
is there a difference in performance between the code i posted and the one you posted ?
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2012 , 15:47   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
is there a difference in performance between the code i posted and the one you posted ?
It caches the connection so it only connects and disconnects once for the function instead of connecting/disconnecting every sqlv_* function call.
Also, they have different logic.
I love you exolent!
EpicMonkey
buttmonkey
Old 05-12-2012 , 15:53   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #88

i see , am kinda tired right now to understand anything ... ill take a detailed look at your code tomorrow , thank you again

Edit : tried compiling the above code , showing a tag mismatch , argument 2
PHP Code:
if(sqlv_key_exists_ex(gVaultsteamIDkey2)) 

Last edited by EpicMonkey; 05-12-2012 at 16:08.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2012 , 16:17   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Edit : tried compiling the above code , showing a tag mismatch , argument 2
PHP Code:
if(sqlv_key_exists_ex(gVaultsteamIDkey2)) 
Forgot SQLVault doesn't allow constants as keys. Fixed the _get_num() header.
I love you exolent!
t3hNox
Old 06-15-2012 , 10:19   Re: [INC] SQLVault
Reply With Quote #90

This may be a random question but is it likely that there might be conflicts between sqlvault_ex include and SQLx module ?

I'm currently working on a plugin which uses both this include and SQLx module (although the include itself basically uses SQLx). I store some player information in SQLite (local) DB but I also have to update some information from time to time in another external DB thus I have SQLx tuple and I make threated query connections (I hope I used the terminology correctly).

The problem is when I try to update information in external DB. An error shows up saying that there's "no such table: table_name". I've had the same problem previously but then I thought I simply didn't understand SQL well enough and gave up. Now I suspect that there might be something related to this include.

I have made a test plugin which makes connections to external DB and everything is ok until I include sqlvault_ex.
I also get different error messages but they have the same error code (#1). For example, when I use SQLx alone and there is some problem with SQL table I get "Table 'db_name.table_name' doesn't exist" message but when I include sqlvault_ex I get this error message: "no such table: table_name". So I suspect there might be some kind of conflict.

On a side note on #2 post sqlv_key_exists_ex(SQLVault:hVault, szKey1[], szKey2[]) function description seems to be wrong.