Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FastDL no working with good settings

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkanzas
Old 02-07-2023 , 18:05   FastDL no working with good settings
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
firstly I wanna say I try everything. Some years ago I have Knife Mod server configured very well with FastDL. Today I dont know why this no working. I try it on free hosting, add max chmod, I try it on my own WWW, FTP server, fordward ports and nothing. I see now folder cstrike is called cstrike_downloads where are stored custom models etc. and try to change for that location and nothing. I cant figure out how done with that.. Something change with config/solution fastdl now?
I have latest CS 1.6 server via SteamCMD with legit account. Installed latest metamod (1.21) and AMX Mod (1.10). Every other things/plugins works very well...
Any advice are welcome...

Last edited by Arkanzas; 02-07-2023 at 18:15.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2023 , 23:23   Re: FastDL no working with good settings
Reply With Quote #2

Most free web hosting often doesn't allow hosting files for purposes like fast download (it's usually a bit vague in their "Terms of Service"). I'm not sure what folder you're talking about when you mention "cstrike is called cstrike_downloads". The only "cstrike_downoads" folder I'm aware of is for your client game, not any servers. It is where non-default content is put when it is downloaded by the game. So, when you play on a server that is running a custom map, those map files will go in cstrike_downloads". I love this folder, it keeps external content separate from the default files (and my own custom files which go in "cstrike_addon" which happens to be another optional folder that can be used).

If you're using a standalone dedicated server (the one you get from SteamCMD) it should 1) not be on the same computer that you run Counter-Strike on (not a requirement, just "should") and 2) not in the same folders as your client game. It does not use the same location for files as your game does and doesn't have any separation from default and custom files like describe above.

We would probably need more details about your setup to understand your actual issue. Is the server not working? Is it just the fast download that is not working? Does it download files but they are just slow? What is the value of your "sv_allowdownload", "sv_downloadurl" cvars? What does your game tell you when you connect to your server (when you know you need to download custom files; make sure the files don't exist in the cstrike_download folder to ensure you need to download them) in console? Try turning on developer mode with "developer 1" in your game console and then connecting.
Old 02-08-2023 , 12:01   Re: FastDL no working with good settings
Reply With Quote #3

If you have root access you can host your own fastdl